• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your photography skills! (self-gloss)

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Good idea, preferably with the lens(es) you want to use (obviously). I took the camera to a museum for a few hours, and the weight didn't bother me. Also it still fits in my (small) camera bag that I used for the 350D.
Thanks. I think once I get back to LA I'll rent them both out for a few days and see what happens.
Originally Posted by trader
fujifilm x100 is an excellent camera. it handles high ISO even better than the newer canon bodies (60D, 7D, 5D mark2). and im sure its really fun to use. they're out of stock everywhere but you can buy them on craigslist/ebay
I'm sure it's a great camera but personally this is more of a high-end p&s when I've already been dealing with dslrs for three years.

IronRock

Reaction score
5841864204_d2de2865f4_z.jpg

iPhone

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I remember why I like my old film cameras. I played around with some of that new Kodak Portra 400 film in my old Minolta SRT MCII with a 58mm f1.4 Rokkor Lens. Nice skin tones, vivid well saturated colors indoors and outdoors. That f1.4 lens is a wicked portrait lens with an unbelievable shallow depth of field. Reminds me a lot of the bad ass Zeiss 85s.

I just might blow some minds and use it for one of the fashion or location shoots. They can pick what they like from a contact sheet and then I'll have the lab make a digital file off of the negatives.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I consider selling my Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro lens to pick up the Canon 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM macro lens. On one side it seems dumb to me to throw so much money on a hobby, on the other the specs and reviews of that lens are godly. The internal focusing as already sweet in comparison to the massive growth of the Tamron.

Have shot some pics in Bangkok and also some insects around home, hopefully I'll find some time to develop the raws later today.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón
I consider selling my Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro lens to pick up the Canon 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM macro lens. On one side it seems dumb to me to throw so much money on a hobby, on the other the specs and reviews of that lens are godly. The internal focusing as already sweet in comparison to the massive growth of the Tamron.

Have shot some pics in Bangkok and also some insects around home, hopefully I'll find some time to develop the raws later today.

I have the old version (without IS) of that lens. See the pencil pics a few pages back.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
I have the old version (without IS) of that lens. See the pencil pics a few pages back.
Lovely bokeh in those pictures. I'm just not sure if USM, IS and internal focusing is worth all the money. Came back from Bangkok today, here some snapshots I took at Wat Arun and Wat Saket. Unfortunately I had only half a day time to do sight seeing. Oh and I've found another pic which I've made out of the Singapore Flyer when I was there in an April night.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got the tamron 28-75 2.8 yesterday, can't wait to try it out. The only thing I'm kind of bummed about is the lack of AF in video :/ I can improvise though with MF and my primes have AF with it.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came across someone who owns a Zeiss Contarex Bullseye. It's super clean and tomorrow I'm going to look at it closer. I'm not putting much hope that the meter still works but if it works mechanically I think I'll buy it. A Contarex has been my grail camera for as long as I can remember.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt the Spam but I have some more bug pics
sarcasm.gif

And seems that I've found out why I have so much trouble with the flash. According to the wise interwebz, the walimex 1-to-2 eTTL cable I use to remote trigger the flash sucks donkey ass. Will invest in the original Canon cable I guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads