• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite plain white t-shirt?

Mr Sola

Reaction score
How does Alt Apparel compare?

seoulfully

Reaction score
Alt App is about on the same level as Amer App. I find wholesalers to buy Hanes Beefy-T's. Nice, thick, decent fit. Last time I got them for like $3/shirt.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
I like the thin t-shirt material that's normally used in 'vintage shirts', it'd be nice to find some of those in plain white. They're more comfortable in the so cal heat in summer.

if you get the tri-blend shirts from AA after several washing they become like that vintage, sheer, thin material that vintage tshirts. i'm pretty sure 50/50 shirts will get like that eventually too.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, AA has a couple tshirt blends like the tri/50/summer shirt that are sheer like vintage things. I can't do that though. I don't like my belly button and nipples showing. I can't wear hanes ts with jeans because the fit that is slim enough on me, is too short. AA jersey cotton works for me. I didn't really like the h&m fit when i tried their tshirts on when i was in boston. The medium was a bit off, and the small was a bit tight. I don't know, i'd like to find more stuff. I'll probably get some MJK tshirts when he makes them because his size old small fit me perfectly, but i couldn't keep it because it had fashion holes in it and an undershirt looked weird(i never layer tshirts). I'll definitely get a white one if he makes it. I don't know how you guys wear thin tshirts without any nipple showing.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
My HM larges fit nice until I washed them. The fabric turned to **** and shrank. No longer fit me in the shoulders and sits marsupialed on my frame.

I alwears wear a ck wife beat under which is why I never show nipple but I've had it with plain Ts. I got a box full of uniqlo Ts in diff colors from darkanimal on sufu and will be testing those out but the sleeves are already very slim on the Larges so if they shrink much (which I'm assuming they will) I will be fucked. They are made in china too which disappointed me unlike the socks which are made in japan.

alterion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Out of curiosity, what do they run in the USA? I'm always amazed at the prices and the sort of kitschy character Uniqlo has in the US; in Japan, it's an almost ubiquitous presence and not something terribly desirable. There, I'd say the plain tees would be about 1000 yen ($9 or so)... but likewise there you can get the jeans for less than $30 and here they are often twice that.
sorry i live in the UK, in the UK uniqlo stuff is completely comparable to other brands around like h&m ect, probably slightly cheaper than gap if here. The pima cotton t-shirts cost £7.99 which is like $16, but things are usually more expensive over here. the jeans were £25 here, but that's the same as a pair would cost in any other highstreet retailer here for an inferior quality product. I am a massive fan of uniqlo (and muji- the other Japanese retailer that has a presence in london).

dso

Reaction score
I've been lately wearing Kirkland white T's from Costco. Pack of 5 I think is like 15. They fit a little slim and they haven't lost the original shape compared to American Apparel which usually seems to end up short and wide. The Kirklands also are a little thicker than other undershirts and they have aegis, and antimicrobial treatment.

Oldboy

Reaction score
AA tees are my fav....6 oz. heavyweight cotton, they fit great and hold their shape after multiple washings.

Reaction score
My favorite undershirt is the Polo Ralph Lauren undershirts that are stocked regularly at TJMaxx.

ino

Reaction score
hmm what do you guys do about yellowing of white tees?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ino

Garbage can?

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
There, I'd say the plain tees would be about 1000 yen ($9 or so)... but likewise there you can get the jeans for less than $30 and here they are often twice that.

Got a pack of plain white cotton crewneck today, 3 shirts cost me 790 yen. I like them, but only as undershirts since there's too much nipple showing.

Ahaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ino

Switch to deoderant instead of anti-perspirant. I've heard that vinegar and/or crushed up aspirin mixed in water can take out those yellow stains, but I've never tried it.

ino

Reaction score
wow and i thought it was age related lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics