• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Vaio

Reaction score
Uhh, well I'm a size 27/28 in levis and stuff, and I'm a 27~ in petit standards. Any lower and it ends up being almost skin tight. After my first failure with apc NC's, I decided to just drive to LA and buy the jeans at the APC store.
GCT2ll.jpg
APC NC in size 26.

Fahrenheit

Reaction score
^ I personally think the NC look just as good if not better on you. 27 would have been a better size tho.

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of black new standards they would be interested in selling? I'm looking for a solid black, not the raw version. I'm a true 31-31.5 in the waist. Please PM me.
(someone on ebay has the exact one I want, but unfortunately he only ships within the US and I cannot try persuade him to ship to Canada because he doesn't accept messages
ffffuuuu.gif
)

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BRMC_doves
Anyone have a pair of black new standards they would be interested in selling? I'm looking for a solid black, not the raw version. I'm a true 31-31.5 in the waist. Please PM me.
(someone on ebay has the exact one I want, but unfortunately he only ships within the US and I cannot try persuade him to ship to Canada because he doesn't accept messages
ffffuuuu.gif
)

Have the eBay jeans shipped to an American SF member?

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
nah the PS look MUCH better, the NC is way too tight on the calf, never a good look

+1 much prefer the ps fit

89andy

Reaction score
I got some new size 29 new cures that I'm looking to offload for 29 Petit standards....
frown.gif

kraands

Reaction score
What's the rule of thumb for tailoring a semi new pair of APC's? My latest pair is 3 months old and I'd like to have them tapered slightly and hemmed buuuut I haven't washed them yet. Should I just wait till after the first wash a few months from now?

abcdenim

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kraands
What's the rule of thumb for tailoring a semi new pair of APC's? My latest pair is 3 months old and I'd like to have them tapered slightly and hemmed buuuut I haven't washed them yet. Should I just wait till after the first wash a few months from now?
most shrinkage will happen in the waist, the length doesn't get affected too much in APC's, so it doesn't really matter so much if you do it before or after. personally i say do it before, since the fades aren't fully settled and everything, but its really all preference. one thing to make sure though if you're going to taper its gonna not mess up the selvedge line!

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would get the tailoring done as early as possible.

If you are not gonna cuff it the selvedge line doesn't matter (I had my tailor cut mine out completely).

Go conservative on the taper as well. Just have them do a gradual taper from the knee down.

kraands

Reaction score
Originally Posted by abcdenim
most shrinkage will happen in the waist, the length doesn't get affected too much in APC's, so it doesn't really matter so much if you do it before or after. personally i say do it before, since the fades aren't fully settled and everything, but its really all preference. one thing to make sure though if you're going to taper its gonna not mess up the selvedge line!

Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
I would get the tailoring done as early as possible.

If you are not gonna cuff it the selvedge line doesn't matter (I had my tailor cut mine out completely).

Go conservative on the taper as well. Just have them do a gradual taper from the knee down.

I would only have them touch the inner seam below the knee, might eventually have the thighs tapered once they stretch more.

I'm indecisive about how much to have them hemmed. I normally wear a 30" inseam, which is a perfect length on me, but I may have them hemmed to 31" or so to give room for shrinkage after washing them.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would leave the length alone TBH, just let them stack.

And I would also leave the thigh alone. That should fit right out of the box.

Where are you going to get them to do the inner seam? I have taken jeans to various tailors, they don't do the double seam, too much of a pain ********** w/o a double stitch sewing machine.

kraands

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
I would leave the length alone TBH, just let them stack.

And I would also leave the thigh alone. That should fit right out of the box.

Where are you going to get them to do the inner seam? I have taken jeans to various tailors, they don't do the double seam, too much of a pain ********** w/o a double stitch sewing machine.

The thigh is perfect at the moment; just thinking I might have them taken in if they stretch more in the future.

Good point on the tailor, I'll bring them to my normal tailor and see what they say.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads