• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black waxed denim... Thin Finn Dry Black Coated (TFDBC)

inviscid

Reaction score
dsc02533cn8.jpg

Image stolen off mynudies

Anyway, I think I'm in LOVE. I like the Thin Finn fit, and this seems like a nice way to pull of a dressier outfit.

Thoughts, comments?
Definitely my next denim purchase.

The only place I see them available so far in context clothing for $165... does anyone know where I can find a cheaper place? (hoping denimbar will carry them)

Also, any alternatives?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look like leather. Not a good thing, IMO. If you want to look killer in a pair of dressy jeans, go with 5EP resin.

inviscid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
They look like leather. Not a good thing, IMO. If you want to look killer in a pair of dressy jeans, go with 5EP resin.

That's what I was thinking at first too, but I concluded it must be the flash... feel free to dispute please! (anyone that's seen them in person.)
I'd rather not plunk down the change and look like I'm wearing leather pants.

PigeonHustle

Reaction score
I've been looking for these in a 33x34 for a while now. $165 seems to be the going price. Oak NYC has them as well. They told me they may only be available in up to a 32". I hope this is not the case.

inviscid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PigeonHustle
I've been looking for these in a 33x34 for a while now. $165 seems to be the going price. Oak NYC has them as well. They told me they may only be available in up to a 32". I hope this is not the case.

I've read up on them on mynudies, and from that forum, it seems that they are a little bigger than normal thin finns. Have you tried on the 32"?

PigeonHustle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inviscid
I've read up on them on mynudies, and from that forum, it seems that they are a little bigger than normal thin finns. Have you tried on the 32"?

Yeah, I thought about trying the 32" but I think that's a bit of a stretch (har har). I have a pair of the indigo Thin Finns in 34" and they fit perfectly at first. After 3 months they are to the point that I probably could have gone with the 33's but I'm guessing the 32's might be kinda painful, and I'm not really going for the painted-on look.
I'm just going to have to keep my fingers crossed for the 33's. please let me know if you come across any in your hunt.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by inviscid
Also, any alternatives?

Rokara, altho not sure where to get them. Talk to the man himself?

I say if you can make them work (i.e. you rock a lot of black shirts with cutoff sleeves, leather cuffs, etc. - basically, if you ever dress at all like Slash back in the day), get some. They're unqiue and pretty cool.

PigeonHustle

Reaction score
I picked up a pair at Barney's today. They had loads of 'em at the Beverly Hills location. Contrary to what I was told before, they come in sizes above a 32" waist. They do run big however. I'm probably a true 34" and I wear a 33" in Dior and A.P.C. The 32" Nudies were perfect... It's a fit much like my 33" Thin Finn's in the regular dry. If I can find the time, I'll try to post some pix.

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PigeonHustle
I picked up a pair at Barney's today. They had loads of 'em at the Beverly Hills location. Contrary to what I was told before, they come in sizes above a 32" waist. They do run big however. I'm probably a true 34" and I wear a 33" in Dior and A.P.C. The 32" Nudies were perfect... It's a fit much like my 33" Thin Finn's in the regular dry. If I can find the time, I'll try to post some pix.

Oh my...im told by someone they run true to size this time......

I am a true 31 and I wear 30 or 31 for slimjims.But I am told to go with size31 for their new slimjim coated black.... Because they are not like half size larger than tagged as b4 anymore.

Ok, ppl say they will stretch a lot, but I do think many ppl here who are addicted to jeans probably wont have enough time to rock in these babes.

savage

Reaction score
I loved Waxed/ Resin coating on denim lately. those are similar to the new Kyrre oil Slicks we just got in - of course I'm wearing them right now!

The Flash does not do justice, in that first pic, but they will fad awesome-ly!! Especially if there is a button fly.

I posted a thread here awhile ago, looking for this australian company, Selvedge. He did some nice resin coating on some denim that was pretty sick. The Resin/ wax will also wear off after a bit of time....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads