• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i remember some ppl mentioning that the selvedge officer chinos are coming back soon... an SA showed me the catalogue for this coming season and there was no mention of the selvedge ones, just the icon core ones.

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
i remember some ppl mentioning that the selvedge officer chinos are coming back soon... an SA showed me the catalogue for this coming season and there was no mention of the selvedge ones, just the icon core ones.

That's because the catalogs are made to feature seasonal pieces and don't show all the core items like the selvedge chinos. The core stuff is due for a restocking soon with the new collections

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by el duderino
That's because the catalogs are made to feature seasonal pieces and don't show all the core items like the selvedge chinos. The core stuff is due for a restocking soon with the new collections

gotcha. the way the SA made it sound was that he wasnt expecting anymore.

he did show me an officer chino that's heavier than the "regular" (for lack of a better word) ones that look like they've been machine washed already. does anyone know which one i'm referring to? i'm in the process of getting them tailored but i'll post pics when i get them back.

karmaguy

Reaction score
i'm lookin to grab a pair of RRL jeans on ebay, but i'm unsure about sizing. i usually go with a 29 (sometimes 30) but i've heard RRL sizing is all wacky. I'd like something raw and slims, so any tips on what i should look for? much thanks

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
the denim on womens is different. it's lighter. there are also stretch selvedge models (2% elastane). i'm not saying whether that's bad or good but it is what it is.

also whodini FWIW those wallets are really excellent. i was very tempted to keep one for myself but i didn't because of poverty and the fact that i won't be able to use it until the school year starts anyway (biz cas job).

I don't remember the womens stuff being lighter ounce (dramatically). I'll have to go back through my photos with the denim descriptions but I don't remember them using a 10 oz vs a 14. The stretch stuff is a different story. Besides, it looks like this dude is just looking for skinny rrl jeans at a bargain instead of a specific model.

I've handled both wallets in person and love the leather they use. I've just always been on the fence because while nice it's just ridiculous at retail. When I can buy articles of clothing for less than a wallet (that I don't really need), clothing wins out every time. Still, I'm a whore for rrl so when the price is right I'll pull the trigger.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is the retail on that wallet?
the leather is definitely quality, and it may be odd to say it, but the smell is also intoxicating.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My rrl pantaloons have seen better days. I really like them, but ive already had some tailor butcher the repair twice. so im in like 30+$ already on repairs . Any suggestions on how to fix these blown knees?
I was thinking cut out the knee/stitched up area and patching in something and stitching around the edges. Tempted to get all patchworky or just keep it clean w/ a similar fabric?

UoyG8.gif

6cmgl.gif

^the inside patch/stitch botch job

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
here's the denim wallet after 10 months or so
IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

This looks great. I just bought this wallet on ebay
biggrin.gif
cant wait to get it

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah that looks awesome. if i wasnt working at a yuppity firm i would rock one as well

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
yeah that looks awesome. if i wasnt working at a yuppity firm i would rock one as well
haaaa, I know how you feel because I work as an auditor. Right now im rocking a BB black leather wallet, rather boring imo. Im usually dressed up in wool slacks, ironed buttondown, polished shoes, etc, so this is a great way to incorporate a little more personality and RRL love into my workday

osadolor619

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
haaaa, I know how you feel because I work as an auditor. Right now im rocking a BB black leather wallet, rather boring imo. Im usually dressed up in wool slacks, ironed buttondown, polished shoes, etc, so this is a great way to incorporate a little more personality and RRL love into my workday

Where do you work?

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
here's the denim wallet after 10 months or so

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

I love RRL, but that wallet looks like something straight out of "That 70's Show".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads