• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

East2West

Reaction score
The top ones look like colors that GraphicNovelty would pick

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
this is the most common criticism of this film

it is also the worst and the laziest

I only bring it up because that part was glaringly bad. I haven't read any reviews, and I've only discussed it with the friend I watched it with (she really wanted to see it but wasn't crazy about it either).

There are parts that are beautiful, poignant, compelling, all that. There's also a lot of footage from nature videos interspersed, and there are parts where it looks like they just shot a whole bunch of footage and then selected and strung together the stuff that was most visually striking (e.g., cat jumps onto Jessica Chastain's lap).

Add to that the ending on the beach - which I really didn't get - and all the god and faith stuff - which I really don't care for or find particularly interesting - and it really didn't do it for me.

Also, I am a total philistine.

Originally Posted by KitAkira
Excel macros = major headaches

The simple ones (where you basically record yourself) are pretty darn convenient. The complex ones, not so much.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
edit: Spoiler-ed for people who haven't seen the movie.
Interesting...I didn't interpret the film as a whole as coming down as concretely pro or anti, but more so about the struggle (although Sean Penn seemed to come out of it pretty solidly anti). I guess it's an issue I don't really relate to or even have a strong reference point, so it's tough for me to get into it.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Excel macros = major headaches

You should post a question in the Excel Questions Thread over in General Chat.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to be an asshole but I am so glad everything is ass **** priced for f/w 11, it'll keep dabblers away from Junya.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like Terrence Malick, but Tree of Life wasn't my favorite (The New World is still my favorite of his, and one of my favorite movies of all time). Tree of Life reminded me of the things I disliked about The Thin Red Line. I thought it felt self-indulgent and tried to do too much (e.g. including the history of the universe). Days of Heaven and The New World are more focused, in my opinion, both in terms of story and imagery. But of course a "bad" Terrence Malick movie is still actually really good and better than most movies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Not to be an asshole but I am so glad everything is ass **** priced for f/w 11, it'll keep dabblers away from Junya.

you're an elitist idiot

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
not to be an asshole, but i'm just gonna say this asshole thing
Fair, I knew it going into it
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by Lane
you're an elitist idiot
LOL REALLY? And if anything it's more because I hate to see something I loved being done an injustice, Lane don't you hate when 123abc123 wears rick? How is this any different? You don't like lames in Rick, I don't like them in Junya.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
actually, read my comments on that dude. I have been nice to him. I hated on him when he first posted here and put on a ******* blanket and said it was RO-like.

plus, hes like 16 or something...so he gets a pass. I understand your injustice statement I guess. I see where you are coming from, but I also think having things too highly priced won't let some people who would rock it well not get a chance to.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate it when anyone wears something I like! I am quite a selfish individual.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Let's not forget about a band you like getting popular, lame people watching your favorite show, or a random food trend you're into catching on with the general public.

Plebe/noob question: how do Gant shirts fit? Am I going to have to tailor the life out of a button-down if I want a reasonably slim fit?

Racing Green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Plebe/noob question: how do Gant shirts fit? Am I going to have to tailor the life out of a button-down if I want a reasonably slim fit?

Gant Rugger fits as slim as Gitman Brothers Vintage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads