• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best looking buildings in the world

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
It's something like this.

1.Pyramids
2.Taj Mahal
3. Great Wall of China
4. Eiffel Tower
5. Colosseum
6. Parthenon

I think the most famous U.S. buildings are the White House, Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty, and the World Trade Center, but I don't know if any are among the top 10 in the world. St. Peters, the Duomo, St. Basil, the Forbidden City, Sydney Opera House, the Pantheon, and some others are in the mix.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing about the World Trade Centre is the how they are viewed from an architectural standpoint. After 9/11 they've been called beautiful, inspiring, etc. And from a symbolic standpoint now; yeah, I agree. They do mean a lot, and the images are incredibly powerful.

But no offense, I always thought they were ugly things.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
P1000675.JPG

dsc08729.jpg

cid_aj1180_b.jpg

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After posting some things to the ugly buildings thread, I thought I would post what I think are nice buildings to this thread. Xilinhot Airport. Attachment 66650 A representation of traditional Mongolian Yurts in concrete. I actually quite like the effect. Mongolian Middle School.
36792567.jpg
This is where I work.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
One thing about the World Trade Centre is the how they are viewed from an architectural standpoint. After 9/11 they've been called beautiful, inspiring, etc. And from a symbolic standpoint now; yeah, I agree. They do mean a lot, and the images are incredibly powerful.

But no offense, I always thought they were ugly things.

They were. There's a really good chapter in an otherwise crappy book that is devoted to how they represent everything that is wrong with architecture. It's worth a read.

grudin-design-and-truth.jpg

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is this thread for people to post pretty pictures of houses or is it limited to high rise buildings?

i cant think of many modern high rises that give me a rise.

East2West

Reaction score
I like a lot of Michael Graves work

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero

I think the most famous U.S. buildings are the White House, Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty, and the World Trade Center,

Would also add the pentagon.

Sazerac

Reaction score
Representing three very distinct, yet equally gorgeous styles.

dia_overall.thumbnail.jpg

Barcelona-_Gaudi_building_540x720.jpg

stoller_2_0.jpg

Balthazar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
It's something like this.

1.Pyramids
2.Taj Mahal
3. Great Wall of China
4. Eiffel Tower
5. Colosseum
6. Parthenon

I think the most famous U.S. buildings are the White House, Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty, and the World Trade Center, but I don't know if any are among the top 10 in the world. St. Peters, the Duomo, St. Basil, the Forbidden City, Sydney Opera House, the Pantheon, and some others are in the mix.

I'd definitely count the Sydney Opera House as one of the world's most beautiful buildings. In terms of recognizability, I'd be surprised if it weren't ahead of the Colosseum and Parthenon.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is in no way the best looking building, but it's still pretty awesome.
lotus-temple.jpg
Bahai-TempleLotus-Temple-Delhi-India.jpg
Neuschwanstein castle
Neuschwanstein.jpg
Versailles Palace
versailles_palace.jpg
Angkor Wat
12345-travel-adventure-Angkor-WatCambodia.jpg
St. Basil's Cathedral
stbasil4.jpg
Palace of Westminster
a2.jpg
Royal Palace of Brussels
Thank_u_for_hosting_by_Mycal_Caspar.jpg
Imam Mosque, Iran
slide_18467_255217_huge.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics