• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Buster

Reaction score
I heard Grady Sizemore is going to have a breakout year.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Jose Reyes or Albert Pujols...decisions decisions

Johan Santana, man.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Let me know if anyone backs out... sorry I missed this thread.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Bill- Pujols- no brainer.

Reyes would be great IF we scored triples along w/stolen bases, but we don't. Pujols hits for more average, HRs, RBI, and is pretty close in Runs if he stays healthy.

Slim would draft Reyes first. Or Ichiro...
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Slim would draft Reyes first. Or Ichiro...
smile.gif

Actually IMO, Jose Reyes is no better than third, and he's probably closer to 4th or 5th, but draft whoever you want. Only clowns like Steve openly criticize other people's draft decisions before the season even starts, as if he actually knows anything that some magazine didn't tell him. And stop trying to figure out who I'd draft Steve, I'd write it all down and sell it to you for $8, but then you might be able to beat me.
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh, and by the way, in case anyone hasn't noticed. I am pretty competitive. But unless you start **** with me (As Steve did) I will not pick on you. Unfortunately for Steve, since that fateful moment a few years ago when he first opened his mouth to talk trash to me, I have decided that he will never defeat me. I will continue to crush him in fantasy sports, and probably at hurling insults (He's just not very good at it) until he publically weeps and says that I am his daddy. I hope it takes a REALLY long time, I have a lot of pent up agression.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Pretty easy to give you **** @ your fantasy when you suck as bad as you do...

I know- you play with the best managers in all of Yahoo fantasy baseball.

And if you take Reyes before 10th you're...eh...even worse than I thought.

Pick him, please... It leaves one more better player for me to pick...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Pretty easy to give you **** @ your fantasy when you suck as bad as you do...
When you are worse than I, what does that make you? You've still never shown me up with anything but your ineptitude. I guess we'll find out in a few weeks what you are made of, but I have nothing but the lowest of expectations for your performance.
And if you take Reyes before 10th you're...eh...even worse than I thought.
Um... you are completely out of touch with reality. Congratulations. You have no idea how to play fantasy baseball if you expect anyone to leave Jose Reyes on the board until after 10. He's been in the top tier fantasy point producers in the league for a couple years now (last year he was third). He is clearly the best 5 tool shortstop in the league right now, (there are up-and-comers that I think could be better,but probably not this year) and the numbers drop off after him is immense. Jeter is close in most stats, but its hard to rectify the differential between a 12-26 steals a year to Reyes' 60+ steals a year. I promise that if he's still around at pick 6 (which I highly doubt) I will take him off the board myself, and you can suck an egg.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
In one league, s**head. Let's see about this one.

Side bet?

Like I said, pick Reyes. Please....

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
In one league, s**head. Let's see about this one. Side bet? Like I said, pick Reyes. Please....
Will you stop your incessant whining and addressing everyone with your faux-superiority complex when I beat you again this year? That is all the incentive I need.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It leaves one more better player for me to pick...

More better? Come on Stevie... There is a more better way to say this.
smile.gif

If I had a red pen, I'd circle this and give you a C-

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Let me explain ignoramus. I'll go S-L-O-W so you understand it...

That leaves one more better player.
for me to draft

It means I can select another player who's better than Reyes if you pick him. (Reyes).

Understand now?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Will you stop your incessant whining and addressing everyone with your faux-superiority complex when I beat you again this year? That is all the incentive I need.
I'll go you one better. When I win I'll even play with you in another league so I can win 2 out of 3. Then another to win 3 out of 4...And another for 4 of 5.

And...and...well, you get my drift...

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
And what's really hilarious is you've played baseball once, and come in 6th out of 10.

This should be fun...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Let me explain ignoramus. I'll go S-L-O-W so you understand it... for me to draft It means I can select another player who's better than Reyes if you pick him. (Reyes). Understand now?
Oh, I understood what you meant when you first typed it. Unfortunately for you, that doesn't change the fact that using the words more and better together in pretty much any circumstance is incorrect. What you SHOULD have said, if you had more than half a grasp of the English language, is: "Pick him, please... A better player will then become available for me" or "Pick him, please... It leaves a superior player for me to draft..." Or something along those lines. Go ahead, ask your editor (whom I am beginning to suspect is both immensely talented AND patient). I'm sure he'll back me up. Oh and as a side note, there are exactly two players "better" than Reyes in the only category that really matters - points. For arguing with me, and yet again, being proven incorrect... you get to wear the dunce cap. Of course, you should probably be ashamed of yourself, since you've now had your grammar corrected by a 26 year old forklift driver who makes less than $25k a year, almost didn't graduate from High School, and has yet to finish the two year community college degree he's been unofficially working on for five years. How dumb do you feel now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads