• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was drinking this last night and really enjoyed it!

2011-06-17-18-58-37-301.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Last night's take:

Cigar City Guava Grove - malt beverage with guava in it. I don't know about this one but there was some taste in it that really put me off. Huge head on this thing as well. Definitely not for me.

Cigar City Papaya IPA - much better. Jai-lai IPA mixed with papayas. The slight fruit really cuts the hops nicely. This isn't as good as Apri-Hop in the "fruity IPA" department, but I'd say its running second.

Bell's 2 Hearted - on draft tonight - way too ******* hoppy for me.

Oskar Blues Ten Fidy - Mmmmmmmmmm

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a fair trade...?

I give a 4-pack of 2011 KBS in exchange for a 4-pack of 2008 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout?

12oz bottles

thanks

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Need your help guys: Cokey McCokeface had over one of his "guests" (read:crackheads) and he wiped out all the beers that I had traded for. If anyone would be kind enough to try and track down some of this **** so I can replenish my stocks I would be grateful.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC437
Is this a fair trade...? I give a 4-pack of 2011 KBS in exchange for a 4-pack of 2008 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout? 12oz bottles thanks
$ wise, yes. square deal for 2 similar beers. i like them both. a lot. beer nerds will try to rationalize how KBS is worth more $$$ than bourbon county. seen it before. ridiculous.
Originally Posted by Rambo
Need your help guys: Cokey McCokeface had over one of his "guests" (read:crackheads) and he wiped out all the beers that I had traded for. If anyone would be kind enough to try and track down some of this **** so I can replenish my stocks I would be grateful.
wtf??

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what happens when you're trapped inside an apartment with a cokehead.

This is starting to sound like some weird MTV show...

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
This is starting to sound like some weird MTV show...
Send me some of that Firestone Parabola and I'll tape you an episode or two.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dranking with friends: -Brothers Reserve Barrel Aged Brrrbon -Firestone Abacus -Founders KBS (Parabola is way better than this BTW) -North Coast Old Stock 2010 -Oskar Blues Ten Fidy x2 -Oskar Blues Old Chub -Allagash White
Send me some of that Firestone Parabola and I'll tape you an episode or two.
We have a deal maybe

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much does Parabola cost in the store? Can't seem to find it in NYC.

Trying to figure out how much I am going to have to pay on ebay, etc...

brimley

Reaction score
Relocating to the Pacific Northwest. What are some regional recs?

I like APAs but not most IPAs. I like most stouts, porters, and dark beers, especially bourbon varietals. I like reds, ambers, german-style lagers, but not wheats.

edit: bonus points for availability at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.

alexg

Reaction score
Had Pretty Things Jack D'Or tonight. Damn good beer. I have to try to find it again.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried DFH's new beer with peach concentrate in it? I want to try it. If anyone wants to buy my homebrew I'll sell it to you for a very reasonable price!

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night's take:

Cigar City Guava Grove - malt beverage with guava in it. I don't know about this one but there was some taste in it that really put me off. Huge head on this thing as well. Definitely not for me.

Cigar City Papaya IPA - much better. Jai-lai IPA mixed with papayas. The slight fruit really cuts the hops nicely. This isn't as good as Apri-Hop in the "fruity IPA" department, but I'd say its running second.

Bell's 2 Hearted - on draft tonight - way too ******* hoppy for me.

Oskar Blues Ten Fidy - Mmmmmmmmmm

This is probably my favorite beer. I can't fathom how you don't like this...
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads