• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
You mean Lanvinz in general are a waste of money, or you just don't like these two?

Lanvin's aren't a waste of money. Just that shoe is generic looking to some other lower price brands that look similar. If you spend that much money, why not get something that looks different?

But I digress, I'm a bit more prudent. So thats just my own opinion.

If money is not at play. I like the camo.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wogbog
Wondering whether I should pick up a couple Geller Seconds shirts from the ssense or forward too. Want loose/drapey/comfortable stuff and seems like they'd be good for that? fwiw that mint colour is great imo

Yeah, I ended up getting a tank in mint and another in sky blue. There's an off chance the mint one is going to be too sheer, in which case it's going back.

Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
I'm sure the quality is quite nice, but the cut seems really boxy and short if the measurements are correct

I think this is gonna be the case with most shirts of that ilk, and you can't really have them altered without losing some of the details in the construction, but the details in the construction are the whole point of the shirt. Basically, unless you're sure you're ok with the fit based on the measurements (which should be solid coming from BiG), it's probably not the best choice.

Also, re: jacket debate above, I much prefer the NC over the YMC, at least based on those photos.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash
Silent by Damir
Yeah... decided to pay a little extra for one of th Tiellico long sleeves since that's probably what I actually want. Bought one of the mint green henleys too because I'm attracted to bright colours. Hopin' it's not sheer since I hadn't thought of that.
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
that model looks good because he's hot, not because that coat is interesting
Yeah, it looks super boring in the second picture.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
I'm sure the quality is quite nice, but the cut seems really boxy and short if the measurements are correct

this is the problem with all the repro-brand stuff. I like a lot of it, but I'm 6'1 / 36 so it always fits like ****.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
should i?
5599233522_fb9b55fdcf_b.jpg

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, he isn't. He looks fuckin bizarre. It's just styled really well, and a coat of that length lends itself well to good styling. edit: find a coat with a similar length that actually has a waist to it and buy that instead.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just so glad the greatest e-fora has added hot-or-not to it's list of features
inlove.gif

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This jacket hasn't dropped yet, but prolly will in the next couple months for under 300 euros:

fKD6S.jpg

An awesome (and somewhat affordable) alternative to White M and Junya or over the top? I kind of love it.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what bizarro ass world do you live in that makes that guy look attractive to you?

1159[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads