• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this thread is all bad. almost every boot is worthy of the $700

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Voting for MTO01 and MTO02 is closed. Here are the results:

Whiskey Indy

Commando: 4
Leather: 10
\t
Eyelets: 6
Hooks: 5
\t
Hand: 5
Machine: 7

Ravello Cap Toe

Plain Cap: 12
Quarter-Brogue: 7
\t
Hidden Eyelets: 5
Visible Eyelets: 10

I'll update the initial post as well. If you would like to opt out of either of these designs, please let me know ASAP so I can get an accurate final head count.

- Keith

Cacatfish

Reaction score
Have we discussed welt on the Ravello? I know I would be more inclined towards a closed heel for the sleeker look, even though 360 might not be a deal killer.
How does everyone feel on that one?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Voting for MTO01 and MTO02 is closed. Here are the results:

Whiskey Indy

Commando: 4
Leather: 10
\t
Eyelets: 6
Hooks: 5
\t
Hand: 5
Machine: 7

Ravello Cap Toe

Plain Cap: 12
Quarter-Brogue: 7
\t
Hidden Eyelets: 5
Visible Eyelets: 10

I'll update the initial post as well. If you would like to opt out of either of these designs, please let me know ASAP so I can get an accurate final head count.

- Keith

these results give me hope in mankind. I agree with all of the results. this is the best result from majority poll that i have seen in a long time :bounce1:

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Voting for MTO01 and MTO02 is closed. Here are the results: Whiskey Indy Commando: 4 Leather: 10 \t Eyelets: 6 Hooks: 5 \t Hand: 5 Machine: 7 Ravello Cap Toe Plain Cap: 12 Quarter-Brogue: 7 \t Hidden Eyelets: 5 Visible Eyelets: 10 I'll update the initial post as well. If you would like to opt out of either of these designs, please let me know ASAP so I can get an accurate final head count. - Keith
Keith, I'm going to opt out of both. Not having speed hooks on the Indy is a dealbreaker for me, I like Indy boots as something I can put on and take off fast when wearing jeans. Also, not having the perforated cap on the ravello boots is a dealbreaker for me as well, I'm just not a fan of how the straight cap looks on Barrie-lasted boots. I do want to thank you for the time that you've put into this, and if you do any more group orders in the future, I'm definitely interested. There's been some recent chatter about a possible cigar shell perforated cap toe boot in this thread, maybe there's enough interest among the perforated cap fans to put together an order for this one? Either way, I'll still follow this thread, I like watching group orders come together.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Keith, I'm going to opt out of both. Not having speed hooks on the Indy is a dealbreaker for me, I like Indy boots as something I can put on and take off fast when wearing jeans. Also, not having the perforated cap on the ravello boots is a dealbreaker for me as well, I'm just not a fan of how the straight cap looks on Barrie-lasted boots.
just my $.02, but the odds of you ever getting the exact thing you want, when this many variables exist, is pretty low. it will either be a custom makeup with huge upcharge or getting a group of people to absolutely agree with you, which is really hard I can see the lacing being a big deal as that is a functional change that makes a big difference. but opting out b/c of perf cap vs straight cap seems like...well to me that is a "close enough". of course I'm not as particular about small design details as most of you
smile.gif

Reaction score
Keith,

I missed the chance to vote on the Indy, but the popular specifcations are fine by me. I'm still in.

Renton

Reaction score
I thinking I might have to opt out on this opportunity, I just have too much on order.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you sticking with the designs, thank you! For those of you who have decided to opt out, I can understand and you shouldn't feel bad about it.

The next step is for me to find out from potential vendors which of them will be able to put these designs to production, how many orders are needed to make it happen, what the cost is, how payment should be made, and what the estimated delivery date would be. I'll see what I can find out over the coming days. As stated earlier, I'll contact Kathy and Steve first regarding the Indy and cap toe, respectively, then (if necessary) seek out other vendors, including Tom at Leather Soul.

As commodorewheeler said, there has been interest in a cigar shell boot. Since MTO01 and MTO02 are on the more formal side of the design continuum (leather soles, full eyelets, no broguing, etc.), maybe we can come up with a more rugged boot design to suit the other half of the masses"”say, something with a commando sole and speed hooks. Again, this can only work if we come to a consensus. Personally, I'll be pretty flexible in terms of my feature preferences. If you're interested in a cigar shell boot, start listing out your design ideas!

- Keith

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely still in on Ravello boot, although changing my mind on preference on the welt. Originally thought I wanted the 360 but now think the close welt would look better on this boot. Will still be in either way but...

hangten

Reaction score
As commodorewheeler said, there has been interest in a cigar shell boot. Since MTO01 and MTO02 are on the more formal side of the design continuum (leather soles, full eyelets, no broguing, etc.), maybe we can come up with a more rugged boot design to suit the other half of the masses"”say, something with a commando sole and speed hooks. Again, this can only work if we come to a consensus. Personally, I'll be pretty flexible in terms of my feature preferences. If you're interested in a cigar shell boot, start listing out your design ideas!

- Keith

Captoe cigar boot on the grant with commando sole and speed hooks
bigstar[1].gif

hobojones

Reaction score
Guess I'm out for now? Was looking for a boot with a commando sole, I wear through leather soles far too quickly.

rkusmant

Reaction score
I'm still in, I agree leather sole kind of sucks, but again there's next time for resoling.

If the other jumper boots are in Ravello, I'm in.

SLAB

Reaction score
10r95w7.jpg

this is still IMO the ultimate cigar shell rugged boot; i would only change the all eyelets to speedhooks. Commando soles are practical but the heels of the commando sole are not very appealing imo

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads