• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
I honestly forgot that I ordered it in April. At least it isn't sneakers right? It'll serve me well.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
would have like to seen a brown, but i am sure there are a lot of better options. at least RFX gave the other thread renewed faith

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Always liked the boot, but my pair just hurt my feet too much, insole or no insole. Had to sell.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I like these better
FO0w.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Always liked the boot, but my pair just hurt my feet too much, insole or no insole. Had to sell.

Is your topied? I noticed that it helps sometimes with comfort.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe they were, RFX. I'm not sure if it was just the particular insole I used or what, but I couldn't do more than a moderate amount of walking without my feet getting sore. And even then, the boots never felt particularly comfortable. YMMV, though, since I haven't heard many others share similar complaints.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The toebox on those daytons look more bulbous than the ones I got from W+H. looks good though, I love my pair.

My feet hurt when I first wore mine but once they broke in they felt much much better. I added a superfeet insole too so it's very comfortable now. No stamp anymore tho cause I destroyed the sole and had to get it resoled lol

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
I can very much tell

no need to be a dick, sorry maybe i should buy these shoes new at 10x the price so they can look exactly the same after 5 wears!

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Toe box looks about the same, I think the W&N version is just distressed so the leather is softer and not as stiff?
IImAv.jpg
Originally Posted by APK
I believe they were, RFX. I'm not sure if it was just the particular insole I used or what, but I couldn't do more than a moderate amount of walking without my feet getting sore. And even then, the boots never felt particularly comfortable. YMMV, though, since I haven't heard many others share similar complaints.
Interesting. I guess these boots will have some break-in period.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
no need to be a dick, sorry maybe i should buy these shoes new at 10x the price so they can look exactly the same after 5 wears!

lol8[1].gif

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, get a pic of yours worn. I'm looking at mine now and for some reason yours look to be chunkier.

But yeah there's definitely a break in. At first they were extremely uncomfortable to wear but they stretch too

EDIT: Yeah I just took a look at mine and the reason mine look different is only cause of the curved toe, pushes a the middle inward so it looks a bit sleeker, otherwise the box looks the same

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

I just tried bending/rolling it but the sole is pretty stiff and I'm not sure if forcing it might affect the rubber topy but pushing down on the leather (which is pretty damn soft) where the W&H version is bent, it comes pretty close in looks. Once worn, I think both will be pretty similar minus the distressing. I'll try and get a fit pic later when I have a better camera.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup mine are also pretty old, 2 years and I put them through backpacking, camping, and hiking

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gant is having a ridiculous sale (about 55% off, including GantxMB) so my girl just got me all this for under $600.....so awesome. I know it's not for everybody, but if you're looking for some basics that are better than J-Crew IMO and/or some cool pieces from GantxMB you might wanna check it out!

Picked up a yellow rain slicker, a multi stripe oxford, some shorts and a few polos.

J.Kendall

Reaction score
I actually bought the same shirt when I found it on sale, and haven't regretted it. It's not all something I would normally wear, but have worked it into rotation in the summer. It's plain old fun, and not at all bad quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads