• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
I'm just dumbfounded that this is so hard for people. How do you all manage to wipe your ass much less log onto a computer?

Seriously, though.

You should check out the flaming wreckage of the True Blood threak circa about this time last year. There was a similarly endless debate about book spoilers. Having lived through that festival of facepalmery, I am not necessarily surprised to see its playing itself out again here.

I don't understand what, precisely, about the phrase "Don't post any book spoilers" warrants confusion, analysis, examination, debate, resistance, denial, anger, or attempted subversion. But then, there's a lot about people on the internet that I'll never understand.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to confirm: We CAN talk about the book(s) as long as we put it in spoiler tags?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hahaha

3cyr3

Reaction score
Just started watching it... So far so good, seems alot better than Spartacus

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reynard369
Just to confirm: We CAN talk about the book(s) as long as we put it in spoiler tags?

talk about the book in the book thread

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping that as seasons follow we'll see some massive crowd scenes as in for instance Ben-Hur, Braveheart, the latest Robin Hood. Although the great acting and visuals probably skew my ideas on the available budget.

Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Seriously, though.

You should check out the flaming wreckage of the True Blood threak circa about this time last year. There was a similarly endless debate about book spoilers. Having lived through that festival of facepalmery, I am not necessarily surprised to see its playing itself out again here.

I don't understand what, precisely, about the phrase "Don't post any book spoilers" warrants confusion, analysis, examination, debate, resistance, denial, anger, or attempted subversion. But then, there's a lot about people on the internet that I'll never understand.

1. It wasn't that clear which you'd see if you'd just read the text, instead of feel the text.
2. Aren't you Mr. Goodietwoshoes all of a sudden.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
2. Aren't you Mr. Goodietwoshoes all of a sudden.
I've always been a stuck-up asshole about spoilers. Especially when people try to spoil **** I am watching with great interest. I'm still a lovable troublemaker everywhere else, though. In conclusion, I am a man of many contradictions.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how they're going to pull off (HEY GUYS EPISODE 10 SPOILER AHEAD) (NO, REALLY, THIS IS A SHOW SPOILER, HONEST)
Dany throwing the witch into a flaming pyre, walking into it, and walking out with three mothafucking dragons hanging off of her. The Whitewalkers were done fairly well in CGI, but dragons... considering that's probably the moneyshot of the entire episode and series, they better not **** this up

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After Sunday, I hope this thread is temporarily squirreled until Season 2.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Season 2 is officially a go. Production to begin 7/25 in Northern Ireland. Wooo!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
I wonder how they're going to pull off

(HEY GUYS EPISODE 10 SPOILER AHEAD)

(NO, REALLY, THIS IS A SHOW SPOILER, HONEST)

Dany throwing the witch into a flaming pyre, walking into it, and walking out with three mothafucking dragons hanging off of her. The Whitewalkers were done fairly well in CGI, but dragons... considering that's probably the moneyshot of the entire episode and series, they better not **** this up

Wrong.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Wrong.

end of book one spoiler/ep 10 spoiler - and knock that pedantic show/book **** off in this particular case. end of book = end of show, so **** off ya clowns

HBO preview: "Season One Finale. A new king rises in the North; a Khaleesi finds new hope."

Wikipedia: "Eager for revenge, she orders the maegi tied to Drogo's funeral pyre and places her three dragon eggs on the pyre with Drogo. While she watches it burn, Daenerys is seduced by the beauty of the flames and walks into the inferno. Instead of perishing in the flames, she emerges unscathed and with three newly-hatched dragons draped around her. Awestruck, the few remaining Dothraki and Ser Jorah swear their allegiance to her. As the first female khal and mother to the world's only known dragons, Daenerys becomes determined to build an army to reclaim the throne of Westeros."

Given that the dragons hatch at the end of book 1, and this season covers book 1, logic dictates that in fact the season finale will cover the end of the book. HBO preview also implies as such, and the video preview shows Dany lighting the pyre. Pray tell, how do you know otherwise? Or is this some further attempt at book spoiler/show spoiler faggotry?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Still got a lot of ground to cover for the finale. Does anyone know if this will be a 2 hour finale? I hope it is...
Ticks me off that the completion of Jon's story is being put off until the finale, Ep 9 should have tied up his part so we can leave the finale to the Throne and Khal)

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Still got a lot of ground to cover for the finale. Does anyone know if this will be a 2 hour finale? I hope it is...

Ticks me off that the completion of Jon's story is being put off until the finale, Ep 9 should have tied up his part so we can leave the finale to the Throne and Khal)

+1

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Jesus ******* Christ. You people are marsupials.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics