• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: CT shirts on sale for $35

bjornb17

Reaction score
Just a heads up that Tyrwhitt has a sale going on... shirts from $35. Just ordered a couple
smile.gif

Troilus

Reaction score
Relatively good selection of $35 shirts, compared to normal. However, non-irons start at $44 and staple colors are still mostly $69.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh, they used to be $35 a piece on orders over $50. That included the tailored fit shirts.

SaveMeJebus

Reaction score
These came out to less than $35/shirt, including shipping cost, with the codes I had posted a few weeks ago. Those sales ended on June 15 (I probably ordered 6-8 shirts using those codes).

Also, lol on this little gaff on the front page... doesn't seem like a great deal to me.

sdressshirtssuitstiessh.png

HarleyBob

Reaction score
I find it interesting that JAB gets slammed all the time on this forum for their pricing strategies (I'm not talking about quality or lack thereof of their products,) yet CT and others that do the same thing get the love. What's up with that?

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarleyBob
I find it interesting that JAB gets slammed all the time on this forum for their pricing strategies (I'm not talking about quality or lack thereof of their products,) yet CT and others that do the same thing get the love. What's up with that?

I've wondered about this as well. That hasn't stopped be from buying their shirts, though.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perception is reality.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMO, maybe because CT still gives you a better bang for your buck when you look at it from a price/quality ratio, regardless of how good their "sales" appear to be.

bjornb17

Reaction score

Probably because JAB goes to the extreme with it. A couple weeks ago I saw their TV commercial for BUY 1 GET 5 FREE!. No exaggeration, that is what it said. Sometimes they have buy 1 at full price, get the 2nd half off, get the 3rd free, etc. Just nonsensical, and every week its something different.

Although CT says "was $139, now $59", the price is the same all year long, except for end-of-season sales

tgt465

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
Although CT says "was $139, now $59", the price is the same all year long, except for end-of-season sales

This. As far as I know, CT never charges the "regular price", you always get the "sale price" or better. JAB on the other hand will charge you the "regular price" if you happen to buy the item at the wrong time when it's not on sale. In my view this is cheating ignorant people out of their money only because they don't know about the perpetual sales.

HarleyBob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tgt465
This. As far as I know, CT never charges the "regular price", you always get the "sale price" or better. JAB on the other hand will charge you the "regular price" if you happen to buy the item at the wrong time when it's not on sale. In my view this is cheating ignorant people out of their money only because they don't know about the perpetual sales.

As far as I know, it is not legal to state a "regular price" unless you actually list it at that price for a set period of time. Unfortunately some poor sap is going to buy it at the full "regular price." If CT never charges or lists their items at the "regular price," they are the ones that are "cheating."

bjornb17

Reaction score
As far as I know, it is not legal to state a "regular price" unless you actually list it at that price for a set period of time. Unfortunately some poor sap is going to buy it at the full "regular price." If CT never charges or lists their items at the "regular price," they are the ones that are "cheating."

You guys are overthinking this. Just buy some damn shirts if you like them.

joebangaa

Reaction score
does anyone know if/when CT will offer the same sale that ended on the 15th?? I really want to add more CT slim fits to my collection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads