• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All Things Hippity and Hoppity

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
I like Illmatic. It is over-rated, though. It Was Written is a
facepalm.gif
of an album!

Your opinion is no longer valued here. Please refrain from posting in this thread.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did that motherfucker really say that an MIA album was better than Illmatic?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I heart Lighters.

That soft ass hook made me think I was getting a yeast infection. Awful song.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Did that motherfucker really say that an MIA album was better than Illmatic?
There are tens of records far better than Illmatic. Artists who have produced albums of greater quality: Nas himself (his newer stuff), Kanye West, M.I.A., Eminem, OutKast, Missy Elliott, Ghostface Killah, Wu-Tang Clan, LL Cool J, The Notorious B.I.G., Public Enemy, Run D.M.C., Funky Four Plus One, Lil Wayne etc, etc, etc (to name a few). See?
teacha.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you think MIA is rap or hip hop, you're in the wrong thread.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attn young rappists: Get better names. I'm sorry, but Big Sean sounds like the most mediocre dude ever. Like, you couldn't come up with anything more creative than that? Earl Sweatshirt? Not THAT **** is intriguing. I'm past the point in my life where I'm listening to any and everything. I don't have the time or energy anymore, so anyone with a ****** name gets passed over.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
Attn young rappists: Get better names. I'm sorry, but Big Sean sounds like the most mediocre dude ever. Like, you couldn't come up with anything more creative than that? Earl Sweatshirt? Not THAT **** is intriguing. I'm past the point in my life where I'm listening to any and everything. I don't have the time or energy anymore, so anyone with a ****** name gets passed over.
Man the hip hop catalog is so huge I find it hard to see the reason to get into anything new. Esp since most of these new dudes are just putting a spin on things that have already been done. Real talk the only new rappers I check for are dudes who legitimately go fully left for better or worse... my top 3 new rappers are Charles Hamilton, Max B and Lil B.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Man the hip hop catalog is so huge I find it hard to see the reason to get into anything new. Esp since most of these new dudes are just putting a spin on things that have already been done. Real talk the only new rappers I check for are dudes who legitimately go fully left for better or worse... my top 3 new rappers are Charles Hamilton, Max B and Lil B.

Love all three of those rappers, but I can't listen to any of them for an extended period of time.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't Charles Hamilton a crack addled homeless vagrant these days?

Oh, and Big Sean is the most mediocre dude ever. Generic "swag" rap.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CH got locked up for punching a cop. He is a loose cannon.

But hey man. There are a lot of crackheads in the industry. Doesn't make their work any less compelling. Well to me at least.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads