• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Funny stuff. The local radio this morning said that in light of this, police have been granted the power to confiscate alcohol at will during the meet. I suspect local plod will be swilling Grande Annee tonight...
I will correct myself having just heard the item on the radio again. Plod's booze confiscation powers will apply to the Henley Regatta, not Ascot. So they'll be intoxicated near water, rather than near galloping horses. All's well in the land.
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I like that even more. I'll say that a plain fold hanky is not what it deserves, although I agree with the plain hanky concept.
Thanks. I wasn't feeling the square fold myself to be honest, but three people called me while I was getting ready, so I ended up running late for my 11 o'clock. Was planning on finding a complementary silk (maybe red with navy, or red and cream) and doing a puff/points fold, but defaulted to the linen square under the time pressure. What would you have picked?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
nothing wrong with that fit and I would not get any waist suppression on it. my only suggestion would be for wider lapels on your frame and I think a 3roll2 jacket will have an elongating effect on you.

Originally Posted by Parker
I was going to say something similar. The fit looks good as is. No need for any alterations.The color, pattern combo and tie choice are all very nice, too.Â

If you're open to a different style for future suits, I agree with Ed that a little wider lapel would work well with your build. Beyond that, maybe a softer, rounder shoulder. But that's a matter of preference.

Wider lapels yes. I'd prefer seeing a slightly lower buttoning point rather than a 3-2 necessarily, though we're both noticing the same truncating effect of the current look.

Thanks, gents. I agree, particularly about the shoulder.Â

Originally Posted by upr_crust
Simply put, posting here has ceased, at least for the present, to be fun, hence I am in self-imposed exile at That Other Website (though I have always cross-posted between the two sites since starting to post here actively).

That's unfortunate, Señor Crust. I think your posts help keep this thread from narrowing into self-reflexive boredom.Â

Originally Posted by aeglus
Some rain today so I wore boots.
tumblr_lmxtk0FmUa1qcq3abo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lmxt90Iqzn1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lmxtfp9gcb1qcq3ab

Nice! Quite like that tie.

Originally Posted by guyver00
Dressing up for an art gallery opening tonight. The Drake tie itself is 1/3 of the suit's costs
cry.gif
Â

style.jpg
[/spoiler]

Bitchin'

I will join you in wacky suit-land:

fJI47.jpg
Still love this suit.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about back-of-the-hand slapping?

Does Vancouver, BC share the same monarch? They do, right?

- B

Things are in the centrifuge, spinning wildly.

- B

Because of my age and general disposition, it is laxitudinal.

- B

"That's sweet. Do you have a towel?"

[NSFW]

Grace-Park-bikini-Hawaii-Five-O-0101.jpg

- B

Started with the Martinis already, B?
smile.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"That's sweet. Do you have a towel?"

[NSFW]

Grace-Park-bikini-Hawaii-Five-O-0101.jpg

- B

interesting, i thought you were um, better endowed.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like white, voile or etamine cotton..stuffed like a silk square...for this sort of thing. Like this one. Voile or etamine, specially after use, has a nice, soft, diaphanous effect when you want something plain white but don't want something hard-edge as a plain fold.
That's a great tip; thank you.
teacha.gif
Will see if I can find them in the UK.
Originally Posted by aeglus
I wouldn't even be fired from my kindergarten job for looking at that pic.
Judging by some of the recent scandals reported about kindergarten/nursery teachers in this country, I suspect your bosses would in fact be mightily relieved that at least you're looking at adult women.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I wasn't feeling the square fold myself to be honest, but three people called me while I was getting ready, so I ended up running late for my 11 o'clock. Was planning on finding a complementary silk (maybe red with navy, or red and cream) and doing a puff/points fold, but defaulted to the linen square under the time pressure. What would you have picked?
The one with the red edges you've worn yesterday would have worked, maybe folded in a couple of points. But nothing wrong with the solid because of the windowpane and contrast collar shirt, it's a good choice.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a great tip; thank you.
teacha.gif

Will see if I can find them in the UK.

they can be found in the UK by opening up the browser on your computer and going here

www.samhober.com

smile.gif
teacha.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it because of her status as a National Treasure?

confused.gif

- B

it is because she is not naked
wink.gif
but you knew that didnt you?

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
II wasn't feeling the square fold myself to be honest, but three people called me while I was getting ready, so I ended up running late for my 11 o'clock. Was planning on finding a complementary silk (maybe red with navy, or red and cream) and doing a puff/points fold, but defaulted to the linen square under the time pressure.

What would you have picked?

I like white, voile or etamine cotton..stuffed like a silk square...for this sort of thing.

Like this one.

Voile or etamine, specially after use, has a nice, soft, diaphanous effect when you want something plain white but don't want something hard-edge as a plain fold.

- B

I rarely use white squares but will employ one to brighten up a particularly dull combination. Never, however, in a square fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads