• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
Just curious, who takes these pictures? lol.

I take all of my own pictures and try not to bother people I know in person about photography or fashion since it's not a hobby of most people.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Lufty is correct. After my last, rather disastrous post, I came to the epiphany that to submit postings here was, implicitly, seeking approval, and that, ultimately, the only approval for my fits that I need is my own.

There have been many constructive criticisms of my postings here, and I have taken them to heart, much to the profit of my alterations tailor (I am much more conscious of fit now than I was prior to posting here, and I've also lost some 10 lbs. since the beginning of the year). For that, I thank you all, collectively.

However, it has become obvious to me that I will never practice the "house style", and that there are elements of my fits that invoke the psychosexual anxieties of clothing-obsessed but otherwise straight men, from which they need to distance themselves. Anything too colorful, too shiny or with too bold a pattern seems to make at least some of the locals crazy, and when I indulge in them, I get smacked - sometimes with an aesthetic basis for the smacking, sometimes not.

Simply put, posting here has ceased, at least for the present, to be fun, hence I am in self-imposed exile at That Other Website (though I have always cross-posted between the two sites since starting to post here actively).

While your style is not my style, Crusty, don't be spineless. Posting over at AAAC is a waste, if you ask me. You are one of, what, 4 guys that post pics over there? At least here you will receive criticism and advice from people who actually know what they are talking about, rather than a round of back slapping from those who don't. You don't have to post every day, but throw up some fits that you feel good about once or twice a week and see how that goes.

Originally Posted by JayJay
Men were fighting by biting each other? I didn't think men fought that way.
facepalm.gif

They are English. What do you expect.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by guyver00
Dressing up for an art gallery opening tonight. The Drake tie itself is 1/3 of the suit's costs
cry.gif

style.jpg

Wow, that is quite a suit!

Mike

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

Was that try more popular at AAAC?

- B

Oooooo! This post gives me hope that the long-awaited "Voxsartoria Cross-Indexed Relational Study Between SF and AAAC with Analyses of The Subtle Influences of LL" project is still alive, and, dare we hope? nearing completion.
bounce2.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
Lovely casual outfit! As many have already said, you look a lot better in slimmer clothes.
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Nice casual look, doc.
Originally Posted by Kappelan
+5
fing02[1].gif

Thanks fellows. Variety is the spice of life.

Originally Posted by IndianBoyz
This looks classy and comfortable. I'd have picked a solid square but I quite like this.

I actually tried it with a solid white linen; didn't do quite do it for me. YMMV, of course.

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
Still a bit formal. How about this?

o/o, you have the capacity to both delight and terrify me, as I have a sneaking suspicion that my clothes will eventually evolve in that very direction as I gain the experience that comes with time...
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
Day out at Ascot on Tuesday. Picked the right day weather-wise
smile.gif

ascot.jpg

Very nice "casual" alternative to morning dress, suitable for outside the Royal Enclosure while still being smarter than the average punter.

Originally Posted by gnatty8
Some pseudo-southern trad

Like the bow-tie.

Originally Posted by edmorel
<re: sugarbutch's look>
nothing wrong with that fit and I would not get any waist suppression on it. my only suggestion would be for wider lapels on your frame and I think a 3roll2 jacket will have an elongating effect on you.

Wider lapels yes. I'd prefer seeing a slightly lower buttoning point rather than a 3-2 necessarily, though we're both noticing the same truncating effect of the current look.

Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
Yesterday's Ascot atire as featured in this morning's newspapers:

"Ascot fight on Ladies Day stuns horse racing fans"

Funny stuff. The local radio this morning said that in light of this, police have been granted the power to confiscate alcohol at will during the meet. I suspect local plod will be swilling Grande Annee tonight...

Originally Posted by guyver00
Dressing up for an art gallery opening tonight.

I will join you in wacky suit-land:

fJI47.jpg

feastmaster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Oooooo! This post gives me hope that the long-awaited "Voxsartoria Cross-Indexed Relational Study Between SF and AAAC with Analyses of The Subtle Influences of LL" project is still alive, and, dare we hope? nearing completion.
bounce2.gif

Sounds fascinating. Is it longitudinal? Will there be charts and graphs? In all seriousness, is it real?

Kind of reminds me - Is Reevolving performing a sociological study with the shoes over $500 thread?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
I think he grew weary of hearing the same things over and over again, often in curt, crass posts. I believe you may find him in the forum formerly known as Ask Cruiser About Clothes. But now that Cruiser has entered self-exile, I'm uncertain what to call it now.
confused.gif

that would be a shame.

btw ive always wanted to say, the disparity between your dress and that of your avatar cracks me up every time

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Wrapping up suit week with a gloomy rainy Friday.
fa812a2f.jpg

More

320b2df2.jpg

2e9c6be3.jpg

b3ce4918.jpg

77907de8.jpg

is that pattern subtle or bold irl, the pics are conflicting.

also is suitsnoozefest over yet?

Originally Posted by upr_crust
Lufty is correct. After my last, rather disastrous post, I came to the epiphany that to submit postings here was, implicitly, seeking approval, and that, ultimately, the only approval for my fits that I need is my own.

There have been many constructive criticisms of my postings here, and I have taken them to heart, much to the profit of my alterations tailor (I am much more conscious of fit now than I was prior to posting here, and I've also lost some 10 lbs. since the beginning of the year). For that, I thank you all, collectively.

However, it has become obvious to me that I will never practice the "house style", and that there are elements of my fits that invoke the psychosexual anxieties of clothing-obsessed but otherwise straight men, from which they need to distance themselves. Anything too colorful, too shiny or with too bold a pattern seems to make at least some of the locals crazy, and when I indulge in them, I get smacked - sometimes with an aesthetic basis for the smacking, sometimes not.

Simply put, posting here has ceased, at least for the present, to be fun, hence I am in self-imposed exile at That Other Website (though I have always cross-posted between the two sites since starting to post here actively).

well i for one like having you around, and take no issue with your style. honestly i cant say i blame you. getting kicked repeatedly is certainly enough to put a man down. maybe take a break for a few weeks, but dont leave us. youre a nice fellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads