• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, mainly fw...looking at my "plan" from the current julius collection. Might buy a coat and some knits. Apparently a new color "gold" for the denim, lol however, I have been "changin" mainly going back to black, but actually going way more drapey for once. if my antonioli order gets solved I will have even more drapey **** too
worship.gif
summers been hard to be interesting, but for the non-excruciating hot days I go with a drape cardigan and a tank.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Carrying a flask seems a little fratty, the sort of thing you do when you're underage or old enough not to give a ****, but if I were going to own one I'd prob spring for this one, which looks like it would be tactilely pleasing.

http://store.kaufmann-mercantile.com...s/pewter-flask

I thought about this one too to store my rum.

Hermes man is awesome.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is ******* gold

I really like Italian designer, especially Giorgio Armani. He is my favourite designer , and I am so excited that KLCC new extension will house new Giorgio Armani boutique and Armani Cafe. This will be the first Armani Cafe in South East Asia, the cafe will be the place to see and to be seen. Isnt it fun all the label whores,euro trash, posers and wannabes such as myself eating overpriced Italian food in Armani Cafe together! LOL of course that is not true but I am sure many will have that perception towards the patrons of this Cafe. But I dont care what others think as I am really looking forward to make this place as my new hot spot.
http://sohighfashion.blogspot.com/2011/04/armani.html

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash
OTOH, I've been Lol'ng at this new post by Hermes Man

That kid should have taken that $400 of his parents' money and done something about his smacked ass face.

tit_tyrant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Carrying a flask seems a little fratty, the sort of thing you do when you're underage or old enough not to give a ****, but if I were going to own one I'd prob spring for this one, which looks like it would be tactilely pleasing.

http://store.kaufmann-mercantile.com...s/pewter-flask

Thanks for the link, the 6 oz. looks interesting. I'm not that old but wouldn't mind being able to have some whiskey, or something, with me when convenient.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
That kid should have taken that $400 of his parents' money and done something about his smacked ass face.
Race transplant?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Or at least a haircut. That tag isn't going to distract anyone from that smashed nose and mouth-breathing facial demeanor.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After checking his post history and subsequently, some of the threads he's posted in, I feel more forgiving about all of the baller / lux rhetoric permeating SW&D now. Like I mentioned in a post last week, I know most of it's tongue in cheek. Over in MC Land, however, that **** is rolled out without a hint of irony.

That isn't a revelation, but it's a reminder that while SW&D gets criticized for some of its embraced aesthetics, it's still preferable to MC, where the price tag or brand name seems to be the deciding factors in assessing an item's merit.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
After checking his post history and subsequently, some of the threads he's posted in, I feel more forgiving about all of the baller / lux rhetoric permeating SW&D now. Like I mentioned in a post last week, I know most of it's tongue in cheek. Over in MC Land, however, that **** is rolled out without a hint of irony.

That isn't a revelation, but it's a reminder that while SW&D gets criticized for some of its embraced aesthetics, it's still preferable to MC, where the price tag or brand name seems to be the deciding factors in assessing an item's merit.

Kiton/Brioni or gtfo

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Not really. There's all sorts of qualifying factors for an item's merit in MC land. There's the obvious goodyear welting and full canvasing etc to the less obvious gemming vs handwelting techniques etc etc. Plenty of the cheaper brands are praised for their value. PRL in particular does quite well, as well as affiliates like Howard Yount etc. Vass (could be considered "baller" or "plebe") is revered for handstiched insoles whereas John Lobb, Edward Green (about twice as expensive) are sometimes criticized for gemming. We have a "baller sneaker thread" where recognition of good desiign is accompanied by the knowledge that the price of most of them aren't justifiable by quality, but largely by design. Not that that is a bad thing, just making the point that one can be quite objective in determining levels of praise for an item. Which i guess comes back to the point that if you get too fixated on "quality" you forget about aesthetics. E.g. BBBF suits get worn by people actually trying to be "trad", rather than just referencing the style as Thom Browne intended - with pretty ******* obviously different styling and proportions. which i find incredibly annoying. "Guys! Look at me in my sack suit with vintage cufflinks and gunboats and repp tie! I'm permanent style, despite the fact that I am purposely dressing to look like a photograph from 1953!"

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
Too ******* hot in Taipei to wear anything besides t-shirt/shorts/chucks.
ffffuuuu.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's an inordinate number of sales and markdowns happening over the last week. Have I just not been paying attention in recent years or doesn't this usually come a bit later in the summer? I'm having to make all sorts of Sophie's Choice-like decisions lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads