• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Go-to Dress Shoe Brand

Reaction score
damn not many weston fans i see. i've never seen a pair of crockett and jones IRL.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guest
damn not many weston fans i see. i've never seen a pair of crockett and jones IRL.

where do you live, I mean if you can find JM Weston, then you can probably get CJ too (or I would think).

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has been one of the more interesting threads of the year. I expected Alden and C&J to runaway with this.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by usctrojans31
This has been one of the more interesting threads of the year. I expected Alden and C&J to runaway with this.
Good thing that they didn't. Seems like there are still some SF members with taste.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only really tried aes , jls , and c&js and while aes appeal to me price wise. The gunboat style and the bad fit ended up with me deciding they wouldn't work... Jls are amazing but way out of my price range.

C&j is the perfect balance.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden is one of the forum's favorite shoe brands so i was floored when I saw it so far behind C&J and AE. Then I looked at all my Aldens and I realized that Alden really isnt a dress shoe company, imo. I have 10 pairs of Aldens and I only consider one pair to be a real dress shoe and even then its borderline. Their lasts are on the clunkly/larger size which lend themselves to boots. Some of my Alden dress boots are made on sleeker lasts but I still hesitiate to wear them with suits. Instead ill wear them with business causal or cotton chinos for a more relaxed look. A look I prefer most of the time.

Today I wore a suit and opted for the sleeker austetic of a C&J. I also considered the JL but never the Alden. Just too clunky for a suit, imo

Church's Goer

Reaction score
I'm biased, as my name suggests. My Mum works for Church's and I get a ridiculous discount (50%) whenever I go over to visit her. Recently got a tour of the factory floor and although there may be an objective view as to what is a better shoe, you can't go wrong with their shoes once you figure out the right fit (10.5 G).

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Church's Goer
I'm biased, as my name suggests. My Mum works for Church's and I get a ridiculous discount (50%) whenever I go over to visit her. Recently got a tour of the factory floor and although there may be an objective view as to what is a better shoe, you can't go wrong with their shoes once you figure out the right fit (10.5 G).

can you proxy a shoe :)

gotlighters

Reaction score
50%?!?! hook it up.

Nobody picked Magnanni's yet. I know they don't get much love on here but I they fit me perfectly.

Church's Goer

Reaction score
You'll have to take a number on that one.

Church's Goer

Reaction score
FWIW, if anyone is ever in Northampton area, go to the Church's factory store. They carry a tonne of shoes (some having minor flaws in them), at a steep discount to what they would cost in store. I got a pair of tobacco Gunthorpes (no flaws) and espresso coloured Shergards (imperceptible flaw) and if I didn't get the discount would have ended up paying about 370GBP all in before discounting VAT. Worth planning a trip over compared to retail prices for shoes in Toronto.

Church's Goer

Reaction score
FWIW, if anyone is ever in Northampton area, go to the Church's factory store. They carry a tonne of shoes (some having minor flaws in them), at a steep discount to what they would cost in store. I got a pair of tobacco Gunthorpes (no flaws) and espresso coloured Shergards (imperceptible flaw) and if I didn't get the discount would have ended up paying about 370GBP all in before discounting VAT. Worth planning a trip over compared to retail prices for shoes in Toronto.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads