• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
*sigh* How did I lump you with the others though? I never mentioned names or even quoted you. Read my post again, if you didn't hate on the Lakers or talked trash about all the Laker talk, then you weren't the ones I was talking about. Again, read all my posts, unless you were Steve B., chances are I never called you a "fake" sports fan. Simple as that.
For the record, you seem to be making the same mistake you are accusing us of. If you haven't done it, we don't mean you. For my part the only poster I have any issue with in this thread is jet, who seems to have some kind of bug up his ass about...I don't know what. I've never had a conversation with him or engaged him in any way. I've tried, in fact to avoid starting anything because it just didn't seem worth it. Not sure why he decided to start punking some of us. You'll have to ask him, I'm sure he's got his childish reasons. I'm not interest enough to ask him myself.
But back to the point though, again if you weren't one of the people that complained then this doesn't pertain to you, but like you and Mark and a bunch of others, you'd only talk about your interests. So if Lakers love and Lebron hate is what I like to talk about then I'm not going to start talking about anything else just to get more people to talk. The hell am I suppose to know what others like? Feel free to post anything that relates to the thread and you'll get opinions on it, I got no problem with that. Just don't be mad if the topic stays on one subject but have not done anything about it except whine and complain. If this isn't/wasn't you that did it, then don't be mad.
lol8[1].gif

Go back and read my last two posts. I think we are saying the exact same thing.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
For the record, you seem to be making the same mistake you are accusing us of. If you haven't done it, we don't mean you.

The difference is, you guys quoted me so obviously you were addressing me directly. So I reply to you guys directly. I didn't quote anyone iirc.

Again, if you read that initial post in this subject then you'd notice it was related to the conversation at hand but on a completely different tangent, I didn't pick on anyone of you but in the heat of the moment, maybe you thought it was about you guys. I specifically said those who talked **** about the Lakers fans and all the Lakers talk but has done nothing but talk trash themselves. If you didn't fall in that category then I really see no problem.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The difference is, you guys quoted me so obviously you were addressing me directly. So I reply to you guys directly. I didn't quote anyone iirc.

Again, if you read that initial post in this subject then you'd notice it was related to the conversation at hand but on a completely different tangent, I didn't pick on anyone of you but in the heat of the moment, maybe you thought it was about you guys. I specifically said those who talked **** about the Lakers fans and all the Lakers talk but has done nothing but talk trash themselves. If you didn't fall in that category then I really see no problem.

Your post came in the flow of conversation. I don't think it was unreasonable to read your initial post as being addressed to us. You have explained that it wasn't and I accept that. Also I agree that there is no problem and have been saying so as clearly as I know how for my last 3 posts.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Michael-Jordan.jpg

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Let's be honest now, what could Kobe possibly do to redeem himself in your eyes?
lol8[1].gif

Such a lie.
crackup[1].gif

Get in a time machine and do things the way I say.

*sigh*

How did I lump you with the others though? I never mentioned names or even quoted you. Read my post again, if you didn't hate on the Lakers or talked trash about all the Laker talk, then you weren't the ones I was talking about.

Again, read all my posts, unless you were Steve B., chances are I never called you a "fake" sports fan.

Simple as that.

But back to the point though, again if you weren't one of the people that complained then this doesn't pertain to you, but like you and Mark and a bunch of others, you'd only talk about your interests. So if Lakers love and Lebron hate is what I like to talk about then I'm not going to start talking about anything else just to get more people to talk. The hell am I suppose to know what others like? Feel free to post anything that relates to the thread and you'll get opinions on it, I got no problem with that. Just don't be mad if the topic stays on one subject but have not done anything about it except whine and complain. If this isn't/wasn't you that did it, then don't be mad.
lol8[1].gif

I readily admit to not knowing as much about the NBA as you do. But I don't really start watching till playoff time. Baseball and football are another matter.

Is there some sort of "RFX Sports Fan Questionnaire" I need to fill out to be official?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lakers move the dial. Here as with the rest of the league. So do the Heat, Celtics, Knicks, Bulls, Mavs and Thunder in about that order. And- total shocker here- the discussion in this thread has been about those teams for the most part. If you've got a good story or a star we'll talk about that as well. (e.g. Melodrama, Dwight)
I'm a Dubs fan first and always but I don't get mad, the Lakers are the dominant force in the NBA, you can't avoid them.

Feel free to cheer on your Jazz, just don't expect anyone else to care. Unless of course you can make it interesting in which case we'll all care.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Exactly. I'm not complaining about Laker talk. That would be stupid. I don't hate anyone for what they talk about. We all talk about what we're interested in. People who are either fans of or who hate the Lakers will naturally talk about them most. I have no issue at all with that, I just don't choose to participate any more than I choose to participate in the SW&D forum. That doesn't mean that I have any hate, it just doesn't interest me.

Once I started seeing playoff conversations in here that I was interested in, I started participating. That's it. In other parts of the forum people welcome new participation. In this thread, certain regular posters engaged me and we had a good conversations. Certain children in the thread just wanted to troll me and...whatever. In the words of LeBron I suppose he'll wake up tomorrow with all of his same problems.

+1 That was all i was trying to say, when jet made the comment that people who didnt participate during the season aren't "real" fans. I took umbrage and decided to challenge his comment, Mark is right why try to talk about other topics when you just get shouted down by laker talok, no offense to laker fans was meant.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Lots of defensive butthurt ass fools in this thread.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Lots of defensive butthurt ass fools in this thread.

You always make such insightful and eloquent statements,
devil.gif

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jordan - 6 rings at 35
Kobe - 5 rings at 32

Lebron is currently 26. He claims he will get 7 rings. If he wins every year from now on, he'll be 33 when he gets his last ring.

Likelihood?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fraiche
Jordan - 6 rings at 35
Kobe - 5 rings at 32

Lebron is currently 26. He claims he will get 7 rings. If he wins every year from now on, he'll be 33 when he gets his last ring.

Likelihood?

pX46Y.gif

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Lakers move the dial. Here as with the rest of the league. So do the Heat, Celtics, Knicks, Bulls, Mavs and Thunder in about that order. And- total shocker here- the discussion in this thread has been about those teams for the most part. If you've got a good story or a star we'll talk about that as well. (e.g. Melodrama, Dwight)
I'm a Dubs fan first and always but I don't get mad, the Lakers are the dominant force in the NBA, you can't avoid them.

Feel free to cheer on your Jazz, just don't expect anyone else to care. Unless of course you can make it interesting in which case we'll all care.

Well said.

Originally Posted by Fraiche
Jordan - 6 rings at 35
Kobe - 5 rings at 32

Likelihood?

snoopseznuhuhpr7.gif

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of regretting not going to the parade today. Didn't get **** done at work and the parade looks like it was a blast.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads