• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astronaut888

Reaction score
forgive the intrusion in the watch Appreciation thread

is there a thread up on the boards about watch troubleshooting?

I have a seiko spirit that has decided to start running fast - not familiar w/ this phenom.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olympic2.jpg

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Astronaut888
forgive the intrusion in the watch Appreciation thread

is there a thread up on the boards about watch troubleshooting?

I have a seiko spirit that has decided to start running fast - not familiar w/ this phenom.

How fast are we talking about? While I really love my blue spark, but it's not exactly my most accurate watch.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
gorgeous 5512 above. as it happens im wearing my favourite nato today

BIePRl.jpg

oh gosh these so called NATO straps are so cheapy looking, SF'er should know better than to wear a watch strap just because some lame actor in a some spy movie decided to wear one on-screen. If he wore a watch strap made out of dirty toilet paper you guys would be wearing it too. I am so glad only like 0.00000001% of the population of watch wearers actually wear a NATO strap, glad you guys are the minority, so you are not lowering the standards of watch wearers.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Though I myself prefer a steel bracelet (or even a nice leather one), there's nothing wrong with a good Nato strap.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edit : nvm

marg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iroh
oh gosh these so called NATO straps are so cheapy looking, SF'er should know better than to wear a watch strap just because some lame actor in a some spy movie decided to wear one on-screen. If he wore a watch strap made out of dirty toilet paper you guys would be wearing it too. I am so glad only like 0.00000001% of the population of watch wearers actually wear a NATO strap, glad you guys are the minority, so you are not lowering the standards of watch wearers.

gtfo - that Omega on the NATO looks top notch. A sparkling new watch would look silly on a nylon or canvas strap, but a vintage sports watch looks great. Current style trends aside, a cloth strap is certainly more comfortable, especially in the summer. I have a 2003 sub and a 2005 baume mercier capeland 2-tone, both of which stay put on their metal bands. I have an old, beat up quartz seamaster that will soon find a home on a cloth strap just so my wrist won't be all pete schwetty.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this has not place here with these fine watches, but I figured it was a pretty cool picture at least.
IMG_4891.jpg

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
I know this has not place here with these fine watches, but I figured it was a pretty cool picture at least.

IMG_4891.jpg

Seiko 5 and the eye daunting arm hair, I'm not sure which one is worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics