• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kre Alkalyn

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any of you guys have experience with this supplememnt? My cousin swears by it, and has shown GREAT results with no side effects. I know some of you guys tend to be very conservative with these things and would love to hear what you think.

coop86

Reaction score
I tried it. Didn't do anything out of the ordinary for me but everyone's different... I'm pretty sure it's just a patented variation of creatine.

pronov

Reaction score
my cousin is a cscs of a major pac 10 school and used to train elite athletes at a sports institute, he says that stuff is legit. i haven't done much research into it but he swears by it.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just buy creatine monohydrate. it's like $5/lb, and has decades of positive research behind it. not a single one of the newer creatine variations have proven to be more effective than mono, and most, if not all, have been shown to be inferior to mono in independent studies.
Kre-alkalyn? supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates. Tallon MJ1 and Child R2 1University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, 2Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom. [email protected] All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp. (Billings, MT, USA) claim that Kre-alkalyn? (KA) a ?Buffered? creatine, is 100% stable in stomach acid and does not convert to creatinine. In contrast, they also claim that creatine monohydrate (CM) is highly pH labile with more than 90% of the creatine converting to the degradation product creatinine in stomach acids. To date, no independent or university laboratory has evaluated the stability of KA in stomach acids, assessed its possible conversion to creatinine, or made direct comparisons of acid stability with CM. This study examined whether KA supplementation reduced the rate of creatine conversion to creatinine, relative to commercially available CM (Creapure?). Creatine products were analyzed by an independent commercial laboratory using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37? 1oC and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes and immediately analyzed by HPLC (UV) for creatine and creatinine. In contrast to the claims of All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp., the rate of creatinine formation from CM was found to be less than 1% of the initial dose, demonstrating that CM is extremely stable under acidic conditions that replicate those of the stomach. This study also showed that KA supplementation actually resulted in 35% greater conversion of creatine to creatinine than CM. In conclusion the conversion of creatine to creatinine is not a limitation in the delivery of creatine from CM and KA is less stable than CM in the acid conditions of the stomach.

djlukin

Reaction score
What it comes down to is the cost effectiveness of this product. As previously stated, it may or may not be more bioavailable and may or may not break down slower into creatinine. Does it really matter unless you have an entirely disposable income? Consider the cost effectiveness of the product as it is bound to be much more expensive than monohydrate (which is incredibly cheap comparatively). I must say that this battle of cost-effective presents itself in every facet of the industry.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Its really just the same as Mono. Try Con-Cret or C-Bol if you're interested in good Creatine in cap form.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Its really just the same as Mono. Try Con-Cret or C-Bol if you're interested in good Creatine in cap form.

creatine mono is creatine mono

kre-alkalyn is creatine mono bonded to sodium bicarbonate.

so no, not really just the same.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBSLM
creatine mono is creatine mono

kre-alkalyn is creatine mono bonded to sodium bicarbonate.

so no, not really just the same.

Sigh - in terms of efficacy and results its more or less the same as regular mono. If regular mono doesn't do much for you, then don't expect anything much from KA.

I've tried it myself, and hundreds of reviews on websites such as bodybuilding.com will bear out my point.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Sigh - in terms of efficacy and results its more or less the same as regular mono. If regular mono doesn't do much for you, then don't expect anything much from KA.

I've tried it myself, and hundreds of reviews on websites such as bodybuilding.com will bear out my point.

Touche.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just tried it for the first time yesterday. We'll see. I've never tried any creatine product before, so we'll see how this goes. No stomach issues from it for me though yesterday, so thats good.

What about taking it when I run? I'm thinking no, but I admit I really don't know much about this stuff.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads