• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr chorizo
back to the irregulars for a moment, i ended up not being able to resist the natural chromexcel indy boot on the BARRIE last. never much of a fan of the trubalance, i'm really curious to see how these turn out!
There have been a few occasions, at least in my experience with irregulars, that the lasts listed on the in the seconds e-mails turned out to be incorrect. It happened on 2 pairs that I ordered from the last list. I could be wrong, but I don't believe the Indy Boot has ever been made on the Barrie last, at least for non-custom orders. Hope they work out for you.

mr chorizo

Reaction score

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr chorizo
^
Yeah, I was slightly afraid that might be the case. besides eyeballing them, is there any way to know for sure what last they are built on?

You can call Alden and tell them the style number inside the shoe. They could probably confirm.

Of course you can try them on and see how they fit
bigstar[1].gif

mr chorizo

Reaction score
my feet are too pure for the trubalance last and thus have never touched them. but yes, I will call middleborough on my direct line and see what they say (from a red phone on my bedside table, i might add)

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as is apropos, the seconds email list can indeed be flawed. I have seen shoes described with the wrong color, and last as well.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no luck finding a belt to match whiskey today. went to bloomindales, nordstrom, neiman marcus, j crew, Richards in greenwich, ct and a brooks brothers. might have to go with a darker brown i already own

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a long day in the cube farm, here are my tired dogs in a pair of Ravello LWBs
RavelloLWB.jpg

marg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
^ Barrie last in boots can look nice. Never seen an Indy on the Barrie, though, as those are usually on the Trubalance.

The natural chromexcel plain toe boot on the Modified last is gorgeous. I think it's a Shoemart exclusive.

if indy on the barrie is for real, would cop

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTYGGG
Snapped up a pair of the ravello LHS and a pair of the tan George boots that were made for Leffot a couple of months ago. Hope they workout. : )

very good acquisitions. remember the break in procedure

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
After a long day in the cube farm, here are my tired dogs in a pair of Ravello LWBs
RavelloLWB.jpg

nephew, i like your ravello gunboats. your are working very hard. it is a good day for ravello

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
246kll4.jpg

ravello wt
argyles otc

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
RavelloLWB.jpg

bounce2.gif
Originally Posted by mcarthur
246kll4.jpg
ravello wt argyles otc

Gorgeous. The ravello wingtip is one of the last Alden's I want to buy. At least for now...
devil.gif
Are these on the Barrie last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads