• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interested in the canvas chinos. I can't remember (and couldn't find the info) how are these made? Are they cut like the rivet chinos or cut like the Walt?

Thanks

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
The new styles (Navy Canvas, Stone Canvas, Olive Service Pant) will get shot Thurs nite to go live on Friday.

"Order Service Pant" added to my calendar.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by astris
Price on the canvas chinos? Going to have to pick up the navy or stone, possibly both.

They're going to be $135 each. The fabric is a US-made 8oz cotton canvas.

Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Very interested in the canvas chinos. I can't remember (and couldn't find the info) how are these made? Are they cut like the rivet chinos or cut like the Walt?

Thanks

Oh, it's the same construction and shape as our standard rivet chino. This is just a new fabric for us to work with. It's not the same fabric as our "Butterscotch Canvas", but it has a similar look and texture:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5091/...7a821e35_b.jpg

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
They're going to be $135 each. The fabric is a US-made 8oz cotton canvas.

Oh, it's the same construction and shape as our standard rivet chino. This is just a new fabric for us to work with. It's not the same fabric as our "Butterscotch Canvas", but it has a similar look and texture:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5091/...7a821e35_b.jpg

hey mike any thought of doing bigger sizes, i really like the look of your chinos, but i am a 38 waist. i guess there would not be a market for 38.

DahveedNG

Reaction score
Walts are the best thing to happen to my closet, and the worst thing to happen to my wallet.

Any chance we might see some down the line with button tabs in lieu of belt loops? Would be especially nice as the suiting options expand come fall.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
hey mike any thought of doing bigger sizes, i really like the look of your chinos, but i am a 38 waist. i guess there would not be a market for 38.

Hey Rick,

Thanks for asking. You know, I'm considering it in the Fall. I actually ran 38's a year ago - based on a lot of forum and e-mailed requests - but it proved a really difficult size to sell. I'm certainly not opposed to it, and we're selling a lot more trousers overall this year compared to last year. Definitely a consideration for the future.

Originally Posted by astris
That may have just convinced me to buy two colors, depending on how the stone looks.

Awe yeah!

Originally Posted by DahveedNG
Walts are the best thing to happen to my closet, and the worst thing to happen to my wallet.

Any chance we might see some down the line with button tabs in lieu of belt loops? Would be especially nice as the suiting options expand come fall.

laugh.gif

Hmm, I'm definitely considering that. Although, I am going to offer both in-house dress and casual belts in the Fall, so I have to admit to a vested interest in belt loops. But yes, I personally love button tabs and it would be very cool to do a trouser with them in the near future.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my gray suit today. Was in a room with a bunch of lawyers and definitely felt like the best dressed in a room of 25-30 people. No fit pics yet though.

thebunk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
What a great idea!

Agreed.

Mike - on this topic, any thought to make a matching set of Walts & Rudys with the Navy Blazer to give people an option to have a suit like the Gray 120's set? I really like this concept of you folk giving people a choice with your pieces and I think a pair of Navy pants to match the jacket and/or the Gray vest is a great way to build on this. I know I would be down for all pieces.

thebunk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Wore my gray suit today. Was in a room with a bunch of lawyers and definitely felt like the best dressed in a room of 25-30 people. No fit pics yet though.

Picking up mine next week while in NYC. Cannot wait (along with the other pre-purchased Ep swag and items "to be" purchased).

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
What a great idea!

Originally Posted by thebunk
Agreed.

Mike - on this topic, any thought to make a matching set of Walts & Rudys with the Navy Blazer to give people an option to have a suit like the Gray 120's set? I really like this concept of you folk giving people a choice with your pieces and I think a pair of Navy pants to match the jacket and/or the Gray vest is a great way to build on this. I know I would be down for all pieces.

Cool, glad I'm not the only one that thought the vest would be a good idea...although it's moot for me until I can get the jacket in a 42L
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads