• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Macaroni is one of my favorite posters. It also helps that his photos are very nice.

No decent full length shot for me today. Shooz are blck suede.

B1Ijz.jpg
GKoW2.jpg

Oh ****, what fabric is that?

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Interesting and nice, ndw.
Originally Posted by Kappelan
+1
Thanks, guys.
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Oh ****, what fabric is that?
H&S - #479304 - 7.5oz - silk, linen, wool. Not as much of a sheen and more "navy" than in the picture - unless in direct sunlight.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Thanks, guys.

H&S - #479304 - 7.5oz - silk, linen, wool. Not as much of a sheen and more "navy" than in the picture - unless in direct sunlight.

Is that a custom made? 7.5 oz? Do you even feel the jacket?
biggrin.gif

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Macaroni is one of my favorite posters. It also helps that his photos are very nice.
B1Ijz.jpg

+1 and this is great, ndw. I'm a fan of striped ties worn this way (plain suit, solid shirt). Excellent pocket square choice. That suit fabric is beautiful. Durable enough for pants? Looking good, too, banis. Nice looking giacca.

jwmbro

Reaction score
Hello! I don't post often, but here's a summery fit for me. Including all the classic aspects of SF WAYWRN photography (the mirror self-shot, the PG-pose, the Anthony-Weiner looking-down-at-my-********-view, and the belt-trouser-jacket-shirt closeup). No bathroom shots or faucet genitalia though. Consisting of: beige linen trousers, blue microgingham shirt, navy wool blazer, violet silk PS, panama hat, brown belt and sockless (I know, I know) loafers.
WAYWRN4.jpg
I definitely need a lighter colour summerweight sportscoat to go with my linen trousers, still keeping an eye out there. Two questions: 1. I rarely ever (once a month at most) wear ties, and am trying to slowly build a repertoire. What sort of tie would go with this outfit? 2. I broke my camera (not a huge loss as you can see by the image quality) and want to get a better replacement that won't go all fuzzy on pattern shots. Any recommendations in the sub-300$ not-quite-SLR but still good digital camera range? I had my eye on the Nikon L120, but if there's anything comparable, I'd be glad to hear recommendations - some of the shots in this thread are very professional looking, but those are probably DSLR pictures.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
+1000000

I don't understand suits without socks. Maybe some super high fashion/too tight/short pants suit might be different without socks, but not a serious suit. I don't get how o/0, being a government lawyer, goes sockless on a regular basis.

I propose that we change "suits without socks" and "sockless" to ...

..."MEAT SOCKS".

Huh? Huh? Pretty effin' awesome, doncha think?

"Hey Babe. How do you like my "meat socks"?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update: Got home after court victory, got changed into loungewear, then realized that I had a client meeting in 40 minutes. Wasn't going to put the sweaty suit back on, so this was the result.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Banis, like the look but need a better pic. Nice to see I am not the only one gaining weight
smile.gif

I will look forward to the thread you start in B&S in which you unload those 40R horseblankets..... to me.... muahahahaha

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lufty- I think you need at least a less-stingy brim and maybe a shorter crown. Those proportions aren't the best on you and make the hat/head look disproportionately large.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
I don't know the "rules" on socks with a suit, but to me it is a MUST. For a very casual outfit, I think one "may" choose not to wear socks but that is not my personal preference.
frown.gif

deadhorse-a.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads