• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leaving the label outside of t-shirts so that the brand is visible to others

hermes man

Reaction score
so recently i just bought a giorgio armani t-shirt for around 400$usd (i actually paid full retail without discount for the first time on GA items..)

anyway here is the t-shirt

fitriblog.jpg

i feel insecure if there is no hint of what brand of tshirt i am wearing, many other brands they sometimes give discreet and subtle hint of the brand however for Giorgio Armani there is not a single hint telling others what brand it is.. so i felt compelled to leave the logo hanging outside in order to let others aware of my t-shirts brand..

giorgioarmani.jpg

gaback2.jpg

so do you think it would look weird if I purposely leave the label hanging outside like this

tennisguru

Reaction score
I'm gonna say yes, it will look weird!

Be content with the fact that you know it's an Armani t-shirt and if that makes you feel good, then great. You don't need to advertise it to everybody.

cheers

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hmm. I really can't tell if you're for real or some elaborate troll.

bck

Reaction score
Holy ****. You just took things to a whole new level.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can pay me another $400 and I will spray paint Giorgio Armani all over it in a very non-discreet way. I'll cover the shipping.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
Hmm. I really can't tell if you're for real or some elaborate troll.

Both actually. I burst out laughing at his post and yours.

Kslim

Reaction score
You're like the Jason Bourne of trolls.

bbhewee

Reaction score
facepalm.gif

I would say, why did you spend 400 bucks on a tee that would bring out your insecurities? Seems to defeat the purpose.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
so do you think it would look weird if I purposely leave the label hanging outside like this

Yes. I would seriously recommend sewing the label at the back.
The label is flimsy and can come out. It looks weird upside down as well.

I know because I own a GA T shirt as well. The cotton is soft and brilliant and you can only dry clean or hand wash it only. I get it professionally cleaned for me and wear it only for the important occasions. It fits very very well for a T. Among the best fitting T among the many labels I own.

Prada sports always put their red plastic label at the side of the shirt too.

When you get your GA suit, make sure they keep the GA label on the sleeves. They will remove it unless you tell them otherwise. I often see Asian men your age wearing their Zegnas, Boss, GA suits with the labels on the sleeves out in the public.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$400 USD for that? ROFL! I think they seen you coming.

Where I live, one can buy any number of designer branded t-shirts, nearly all for less than 10 bucks each. Armani, Burberry, Gucci, Prada, LV, Versace, ... take your choice.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
$400 USD for that? ROFL! I think they seen you coming.

Where I live, one can buy any number of designer branded t-shirts, nearly all for less than 10 bucks each. Armani, Burberry, Gucci, Prada, LV, Versace, ... take your choice.

In your perfectly accented pudonghua, cant you ask for a t shirt which contains all the brands and a few more no one has ever heard of?

Oleg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
Yes. I would seriously recommend sewing the label at the back.
The label is flimsy and can come out. It looks weird upside down as well.

I know because I own a GA T shirt as well. The cotton is soft and brilliant and you can only dry clean or hand wash it only. I get it professionally cleaned for me and wear it only for the important occasions. It fits very very well for a T. Among the best fitting T among the many labels I own.

Prada sports always put their red plastic label at the side of the shirt too.

When you get your GA suit, make sure they keep the GA label on the sleeves. They will remove it unless you tell them otherwise. I often see Asian men your age wearing their Zegnas, Boss, GA suits with the labels on the sleeves out in the public.

Maybe go further and keep the card ones tied to the buttons. And maybe the price attached to the sleeve?

alexanduh

Reaction score
i am glad we have hermes man on the forum.

to hermes man. yes it looks weird. i always get ***** and giggles when people have the tag sticking out from the collar.

yes like others have said you should of bought the shirt that had GA screen printed all over it. you would have been more happy with that purchase.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads