• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
^ Nice cloth, but those lapels are straight 80s
smile.gif

Yeah, it does look like it in the pic- not sure why, maybe the angle. I tried it on and the lapels looked fine, maybe a little low but nothing noticeable. I might be remembering it wrong, cuz that picture does make them look bad...

But yep, the fabric is dope for sure. I thought to myself "oh thats a Spoo coat right there" when I saw it
laugh.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
Yeah, it does look like it in the pic- not sure why, maybe the angle. I tried it on and the lapels looked fine, maybe a little low but nothing noticeable. I might be remembering it wrong, cuz that picture does make them look bad...

But yep, the fabric is dope for sure. I thought to myself "oh thats a Spoo coat right there" when I saw it
laugh.gif

Peak lapels, you would have been proxying it. These lapels, bravo on leaving it.
smile.gif
(its not your pic, trust me)

Kitontini

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything wrong with buying stuff for the label, if you plan on reselling it, IMO. But only if it's in good condition. I've put back plenty of good items because they weren't wearable. Too many issues... not enough time or money. I've bought stuff for myself that isn't high end because I like the pattern and the fit was near perfect.
laugh.gif

So to get back on track of what this thread really is about....... This is what I bought today.....

PS Paul Smith Shirt. Size L. Burgundy.
Paul Smith 100% Linen Shirt. Size 16. Light Blue and Lime Green.

Paul Smith weird Shirt/Jacket (?). Size XL. 100% Cotton. Blue
Paul Smith Shirt. Size 15.5. Brown Stripe Shirt.

Brooks Brothers 346, Hickey Freeman (unlined), Rubinacci

Daniel Cremieux Signature 7 Fold, Hermes, Hermes

Borrelli, Holland & Sherry, Charvet

Also bought (not pictured, but can be upon requests),
-7 for All Mankind Jeans. Size 30.
-Daniel Cremieux Signature Collection made of Loro Piana Super 160's Wool Jacket. Size 41 R. Has working Buttonholes!
-Ermenegildo Zegna Super 100's Sportcoat. Size 42 R. Has working Buttonholes!
-Brooks Brothers 100% Raw Silk Sportcoat. No Size.
-Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece hand tailored Suit Jacket made of Loro Piana Super 120's. Size 48 L. Looked everywhere for the pants, couldn't find.
-Ralph Lauren Purple Label Shirt. Size XL.
-Thomas Pink Shirt. Size 16/34.
-100% Linen Saks Fifth Avenue Pants. Size 34.

Obviously I did well today
lol8[1].gif
All these are up for grabs if anyone is interested, PM me!

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Peak lapels, you would have been proxying it. These lapels, bravo on leaving it.
smile.gif
(its not your pic, trust me)

Well I'm super paranoid about buying things with dated lapels, ******** up and did that on like, 5 suits in my early days, haha. So if I have any doubt about the lapels I just leave it now. Cheers!

The store I found that at had I swear like 75 suits. I was there on my work break or I probably would've found some good stuff. Oh well, tomorrow's another day!

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kitontini
Daniel Cremieux Signature 7 Fold, -Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece hand tailored Suit Jacket made of Loro Piana Super 120's. Size 48 L. Looked everywhere for the pants, couldn't find.
Find the damn pants and I'll take that sucker off your hands - they aren't WORTH much but I really like the recent BB GF stuff to WEAR. For my body type and style, it works great. For the heck of it, why not post a photo of the jacket? If it's wearable as a SC I might be interested I suppose, but FIND THE DAMN PANTS!
laugh.gif
(If any of you other high-volume high-end flippers see BB GF recent (i.e. the red script Golden Fleece inside the wearer's left side on the jacket) in a 48-50, I'm always up for looking at something like that - I know the brand & size probably throws some of you off from a pickup usually) The Daniel Cremieux signature 7 fold - I have one of these myself and good golly it's great - definitely comparable to MUCH pricier ties in silk & construction. Anyone know who makes them? Labels say in Italy by hand, and they're hand-numbered. Saw a bunch at the Dillard's clearance center in Cleveland once, just got one and of course when I went back they were all gone.
ffffuuuu.gif
Anyway, wondering who makes them - there was some DC Signature stuff made by Isaia at one point so there HAS been some very high-end hidden stuff there before... Edit: I see the DC Signature 7folds are now made in USA... which means they're probably not as good, though probably not bad. Selling for $120 now... seems like the made in Italy original retail marked on mine was higher, though it's been awhile.

Kitontini

Reaction score
Originally Posted by davesmith
i wanna see more of the
-Ermenegildo Zegna Super 100's Sportcoat. Size 42 R. Has working Buttonholes!

Here are a few pictures.....

Kitontini

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWGP
Find the damn pants and I'll take that sucker off your hands - they aren't WORTH much but I really like the recent BB GF stuff to WEAR. For my body type and style, it works great. For the heck of it, why not post a photo of the jacket? If it's wearable as a SC I might be interested I suppose, but FIND THE DAMN PANTS!
laugh.gif
(If any of you other high-volume high-end flippers see BB GF recent (i.e. the red script Golden Fleece inside the wearer's left side on the jacket) in a 48-50, I'm always up for looking at something like that - I know the brand & size probably throws some of you off from a pickup usually)

The Daniel Cremieux signature 7 fold - I have one of these myself and good golly it's great - definitely comparable to MUCH pricier ties in silk & construction. Anyone know who makes them? Labels say in Italy by hand, and they're hand-numbered. Saw a bunch at the Dillard's clearance center in Cleveland once, just got one and of course when I went back they were all gone.
ffffuuuu.gif
Anyway, wondering who makes them - there was some DC Signature stuff made by Isaia at one point so there HAS been some very high-end hidden stuff there before...

The Cremiuex 7 Fold is definitely a nice tie. The silk is very soft. I like the colors too. Not too sure who makes them either. I also would like to know.

The BB GF has a bit of a sheen to it, but it's still nice. It's a suit jacket and probably not wearable as a sportcoat. I looked everywhere for the pants and no luck. I can't exactly keep going back to check if the pants are there or not because it's more than a 60 mile drive to that store
lol8[1].gif
. Anyways, here are some pictures.....

Stewie

Reaction score
Anyone know who the vintage denim expert is here or on SWD? Picked up a pair of selvedge jeans that have no maker listed..only mark is a 101 on the button.

D.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone threw a pic up on the forum a month or so ago of what the inside of the waist of a pair of Billy Reid chinos looked like but I swear I just can't find it. If anyone has a pic or knows where the one that I am referring to is, could you please post it up? I'm getting pretty good at telling brands by the waist but having never actually SEEN any BR's...

Thx.

Hoofit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hages
Spotted 3 XL Borrelli-Neiman Marcus shirts that were not my size before the weekend. Went down to UCLA for a graduation and stopped by a GW on LaBrea...fixed pricing,total crap. Went back to the shop yesterday and now down to 2 Borrelli shirts. I suppose I should grab them.

Go back for the Borrelli's if they are in good condtion and in desireable colors/patterns. There are a lot of big guys here or on the bay that are always looking for nice stuff in larger sizes. Borrelli is always worth some money if they are in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads