• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Tried on this yellow rain slicker at barneys the other day. Was awesome but they only had M and i needed a S. Was great though. Can't remember the brand. Was workweary though. I thought it was wwm but it's not in their collection. Had a hood, hidden button placket, i dunno. Was dope though. Wonder how good it was at actually keeping rain away.

Anyone know the jacket brand or have experiences with it performing?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
yes, no problems except on ice

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
every tried walking on wet tile/pavement with crepe though? bad experiences in my clarks db days...
the problem was specific to the footwear. i love to splish splash with crepe soles and going downhill becomes a breeze when there's snow on the ground. everything ok with the recent double-quake ?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah that's down in christchurch, but thanks for asking. no family down there either, fortunately.

It's not even about the damage any more, it's just that they keep coming. After the first 2 quakes last year and in February and the hundred or so fatalities, people were shocked but they we enthusastic about "rising up and out" and all that. spirits were high.

But they've been trying to rebuild for months now and the aftershocks are still coming. they're getting a bit fed up. a couple of insurance companies have gone under, and the conservative business dress is still inaccessible. it's all a bit depressing really.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Every Aussie I've spoken to even says, go to NZ nice vacation. I don't know about Raz but I still have reservations as to whether he's a spam bot. But how can I visit if it's like that ??

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha...that's just christchurch. It's pretty ironic since Christchuch is one of the few cities in NZ not on a faultline.

It's so weird cos everywhere else in the country is perfectly fine and somewhat oblivious.

It's also annoying because all of the Rugby World Cup games have had to be moved out of Christchurch...They're probably the most rugby mad city too. sucks. All the semi finals and the final will be in Auckland, at the stadium literally around the corner from my flat. Will be interesting.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
16.jpg

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrizaBirch
iirc, tonio, the shirts seem to fit larger in the shoulders and tts everywhere else. i remember trying one just one native son shirt, was two-tone, and the shoulders were probably an inch to wide (size small) - probably 17 inches... but that's just one shirt i tried

Awesome, Briza. THe two tone from this current season? That's the answer I was hoping for so I appreciate that!

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
new-balance-577-green-grey-orange-f5-2-560x346.jpg
hype hype hype hype hype

What would everyone think if we replaced the giant "N" with a D&G, Diesel, G-Star, or LV logo? I predict nobody here would accept it. Or what if we just remove the "N" entirely and have no logo? While there might initially be some acceptance among forum members, ultimately this design would be a failure too since the shoe might be mistaken as some generic colorful shoe from Walmart. Ultimately the NB logo is a key part of selling point (even for forum members here).

chunkmo

Reaction score
How does that work... I thought any designs the fashion industry are free reign. Arent CP Achillies almost a direct rip of Adidas Rod Laver Vintage, Visvim/Converse, MMM GATS/original GATS etc?

Yeah, i'd have to say some of the appeal is to do with the NB logo. If it had LV, Diesel etc it'd get a bad wrap cause theres negative connotations with those brands already. They already scream dad-sneakers to me so removal of the NB logo probably wouldnt improve them any

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah there's no copyright protection, only trademark protection. Pretty sure they eventually settled out of court. While I think it's a good thing that such protection doesn't exist, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth when I see one designer blatantly copying another.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
Every Aussie I've spoken to even says, go to NZ nice vacation. I don't know about Raz but I still have reservations as to whether he's a spam bot. But how can I visit if it's like that ??
What the **** shah??? Spam bot?? **** man I thought you loved me
frown.gif
NZ is really nice. If people want to visit Australia / NZ I would say this: Brisbane for lifestyle (Warm in summer, can go to Gold Coast + Sunshine Coast for surfing / swimming / amazing islands Sydney for food (Has all our best restaurants but pretty ugly city IMO, would stay 2-3 days Thurs - Sat and pack a few places in) NZ / Tasmania for rediculously beautiful landscapes, Tasmania also has a really good wine / spirits industry (lots of single malts IIRC) and its pretty cheap to stay down there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads