• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Solito Thread

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I posted this somewhere else. That thread is already derailed. Let's try to keep this clean.

Here are the four Solitos that came yesterday.

Tan linen from Tip Top:

ycLKc.jpg

This is unusual. There is the little touch of lining at the shoulder but none in the sleeves:

ZpvYj.jpg

All the other jackets have regular sleeve lining.

V1wyR.jpg

Minnis 7/8 fresco, second lightest gray. It looks ligher than that pic.

Bk0tT.jpg

This is tan Lesser Tropical. You can see the faint pic around the pocket outline in this picture. Luigi said that on a lined coat he would have tacked the pocket to the lining but as this is unlined he had to do it this way. Actually, I have stuff from other tailors with flap pockets and they just let the pocket sort of dangle so this is either unique to Italy, Naples, or Solito. Anyway, I have never seen it before.

jGL9S.jpg

Same coat; I can already hear the critiques of this pic and OMG!! how bad that coat fits!!!

jrAZN.jpg

Hard as nails 10 (or so) ounce B&W nailhead fresco from Tip Top; this cloth is freakin' awesome:

PgD25.jpg

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yay! Great post. Need a closeup photo of that gray nailhead fresco. Woodhouse?

Matis

Reaction score
The top linen coat, is it a bit uncomfortable when you wear long sleeve shirts inside? Too much friction? Did you specify to be made as such?

The tan tropical: the flap pocket details, I think it is quite typical in Naples. I have seen that detail on some RTW Borrelli and Attolini half lined jackets. Charming detail for the summer.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lapel rolls seem to start just below the top button almost making them seem like a 3 roll 2.75. Is that his default or your request?

Also, how many fittings for each garment?

PS - they all look great.

Matis

Reaction score
Would you please show the details of the double stitching on the linen coat if it is not too much to ask?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like what I see but can someone please go to Manton's house and take proper pictures for him?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If anyone can pull of a 3-button, it's Manton. All us average height people have to stick with 2 and 3-roll-2's.

They look good, but I agree with TRINI, needs less grainy pics.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Yay! Great post. Need a closeup photo of that gray nailhead fresco. Woodhouse?
I can make it closer but it will really fill the screen.
hQz13.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
The lapel rolls seem to start just below the top button almost making them seem like a 3 roll 2.75. Is that his default or your request?

Also, how many fittings for each garment?

PS - they all look great.

One fitting each though the left sleeves on the tan wool and minnis fresco were short and had to be dropped from the top or recut, I don't know which.

Actually, my first SB from him rolls to the middle, I did not ask for any change but all six of these are like this. I actually prefer a lower roll but I know from experience that these will soften over time and the roll will fall.

kcc

Reaction score
Great stuff, love the shape of the patch pockets.

Perhaps, its the camera angle but I think I'm developing an aversion for the high placement of the lapel notch by some Neapolitan tailors. The moderate stile features of LH's garments is yet another reason of its appeal.

cronicmole

Reaction score
nice jackets..did you have to clean the broken bulbs on the floor from your camera after each shot though?

quar

Reaction score
Nice work.

Love the Minnis Fresco.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads