• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gauche.story

Reaction score
Wow! Some really nice guitar collections here.

At night I lurk around SF learning about clothes. By day, I sell pro-audio equipment.

If anyone wants a deal on Suhr pedals, I can do a good hookup for SF members. Just send me a PM.

In fact, send me a PM if you want anything, I can probably source it.

Cheers!

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried a Keeley BD2 today. Loved it, will be going on my board. Also tried a Musket Fuzz which I also really liked. With those and an Eventide Space I'm desperate to buy, I'll have a board I'm pretty damn happy with, and will have pictures soon. I'll get pics up of my recently purchased 66 Jag too.

Love that CS60, TC, gorgeous.

guitarpkr76

Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
Tried a Keeley BD2 today. Loved it, will be going on my board. Also tried a Musket Fuzz which I also really liked. With those and an Eventide Space I'm desperate to buy, I'll have a board I'm pretty damn happy with, and will have pictures soon. I'll get pics up of my recently purchased 66 Jag too.

Love that CS60, TC, gorgeous.

The Keeley BD2 and the Musket are both great pedals. I just sold a Musket a couple weeks ago. Not because I didn't like it, but because I just couldn't fit it into my music right now. I'd really like to try the Space, but I have a Strymon Blue Sky on the way right now.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guitarpkr76
The Keeley BD2 and the Musket are both great pedals. I just sold a Musket a couple weeks ago. Not because I didn't like it, but because I just couldn't fit it into my music right now. I'd really like to try the Space, but I have a Strymon Blue Sky on the way right now.

I just really wanted reverse reverb, otherwise I probably would have just gone for the blue sky as well.

guitarpkr76

Reaction score
I just really wanted reverse reverb, otherwise I probably would have just gone for the blue sky as well.

Yeah. Reverse reverb is nice. I was thinking of having a second reverb to cover that, but might still look at the space. Just found out the guy isn't sending my Blue Sky and gave me a paypal refund.
ffffuuuu.gif

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just won a 81 big muff on ebay. time to sell the clones.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock

!

Do the vintage muffs cut through the mix live?

guitarpkr76

Reaction score

Nice! I had a 70's Big Muff I stupidly traded away years back.
facepalm.gif

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bassmanpatsfan18
Right here. I actually don't currently and have never played guitar, but I've been playing bass for 8 years.

I have a 1969 Guild Starfire fretless w/f 4 Bart j's, a badass bridge and some other mods (pictured above) and a Warwick Corvette Standard 4. I'm looking to trade the Warwick for a Hagstrom 1 bass this summer.

What's your starfire look like? Does it have the bi-sonics I assume?

IIRC it's a 65, Starfire I (single pickup), sunburst. All original. It's currently offline because I was trying to intonate the bridge before a session a few weeks ago, and one of the little saddle screws stripped and won't tighten to hold the saddle in place
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
IIRC it's a 65, Starfire I (single pickup), sunburst. All original. It's currently offline because I was trying to intonate the bridge before a session a few weeks ago, and one of the little saddle screws stripped and won't tighten to hold the saddle in place
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Is it the original Hagstrom/Guild bridge? Are those hard to intonate? Mine has an original Badass on it, which is very easy to work with. If I get one of those Hagstroms, it'll have the same bridge as your Starfire.

I'd love to see some pictures of your Starfire.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, picked up some things. vintage big muff is so much more massive than the 90's green ones. a lot looser sound, exactly smashing pumpkins like. also picked up a spx90...again...I stupidly sold mine a long time ago.
5846064520_aa7c3414a4_z.jpg
5846063074_9d155cabf8_z.jpg

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bassmanpatsfan18
Is it the original Hagstrom/Guild bridge? Are those hard to intonate? Mine has an original Badass on it, which is very easy to work with. If I get one of those Hagstroms, it'll have the same bridge as your Starfire.

I'd love to see some pictures of your Starfire.

Yeah, it's the original bridge. It actually intonates very well, however the little screws that secure the saddles only thread into the bridge by maybe 2 or 3 threads, so if the screw strips in the slightest, it won't tighten.

Mine's taken apart right now while I figure out how to fix the bridge, but this is the model I have (mine's not this clean though):

GuildStarfireBassI_200.jpg

mljones99

Reaction score
Here is my bass. It's been in a non-climate controlled storage unit for 10 years but all it needed was a new set of strings. The body has a few cracks from the temperature changes, etc... still looks pretty good. I dabbled in junior high but i lost interest in high school because I was busy with other things. hoping to learn how to play again now that I have some free time here and there.

any recommendations on a small starter bass amp?

IMG_4408.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
just won a marshall shredmaster on an impulse buy. ****. need to start playing again.
Why you always gotta copy my sound? It's ok, you'll be the Ed in our band, anyway.
I have a Bluesbreaker pedal that I love, but the Shredmaster always sounds kinda crappy on youtube videos. I'm a huge Jonny Greenwood fan so I would like to believe that they are good. Let me know how you like it when you get it!
You want to make this a friendly competition?
IMG_4764.jpg
'93 Tele Plus. Switched out the chrome pickup plate for black and added a kill switch to the control plate:
IMG_4726.jpg
The color looks black in photos but under direct sunlight (but not today since it's raining) you can see it's beautiful metallic forest green soul peek through. I've never seen anything like her:
IMG_4737.jpg
She plugs into these. I have a few pedals missing but these are what I use the most. L-R: Boss Tuner, Ibanez Lo-Fi (can sound like an AM radio but I use it more for volume/eq), Voodoo Labs tremolo, DOD 201 Phaser (never cared for small stones), Marshall Shred Master (the Beast), Line 6 Tone Park (a great mini dl4), Sonny Boy overdrive (made for five minutes back in the late 90s. All the settings reference famous blues songs), Boss SD1 (which I play through the Marshall), Danelectro Dan Echo (for warmer echo that the Line 6 doesn't provide), and the Akai E1 Headrush (which I normally use as a looper or in conjunction with the other delay pedals.):
IMG_4743.jpg
And they plug into this, '91 Deluxe 85. It's clean and bulletproof but way too f'ing loud. I practice with the volume knob at 0.75 and I've never gigged above 3. You get what you pay for with 200 watts:
IMG_4753.jpg
My first "real" guitar. '00 Epi Flame Kat. One of these days I plan on switching out the pickups for some with a bit more crunch. As they stand, they're more for clean tones:
IMG_4759.jpg
I also play this on occasion. It's a Brazilian viola caipira, a 10-string guitar with a name that translates to "hillbilly guitar." It's a bit like a grown up cavaquinho which I also play. Both instruments are very well-known in Brazil. For reference, it's the size of a standard full-body acoustic guitar:
IMG_4768.jpg
I also have a Yamaha silent nylon guitar which is about the best travel guitar I've ever played:
yamaha-slg100n-silent-nylon-string-guitar.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^Speaking of travel guitars I used to have a Steinberger with a transtrem. When these first came out in the late 80's they were like $2,000. (keep in mind you could get a super clean original '59 burst at that time for like $10K) I found a used one and would take it with me on business trips. I had a headphone amp and when there was enough room I even played it on the plane! It fit into a trim, black nylon over the shoulder bag that looked like I was carrying a pool cue (or a gun!). I can only imaging trying to carry that on board a plane these days.

Here is a stock pic

images-7.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads