• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing D.C. Lewis Footwear - Affiliate Thread

Kauai

Reaction score
These sound and look like great shoes. Now which pair to try first...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
cf29aa02.jpg
59c6a129.jpg
bf1944fa.jpg

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice shoes guys. and i don't think people should be too caught up in the country of origin - especially if the product delivers.

just my $0.02.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
This is number 3. They live a pampered life
laugh.gif

As well they should
bigstar[1].gif

I am very inexperienced when it comes to shoes, and it seems like any shoe looks good in the right setting. (good camera shots/lighting) But even after a few wears, and in normal camera shots, these look stunning.
smile.gif

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
Are wider sizes available or do you just recommend sizing up?

DC Lewis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles
PS; any possibilty of a batch in shell for us fiends?
nod[1].gif

F, there is a strong possibility that we will be using shell cordovan in the future. I am a huge fan as well.

PS- I understand your hesitation with the origin as Logan and I were in the very same boat at the beginning of this venture. Let me encourage you to try out a pair and see them for yourself. I am almost certain that you will be overwhelmingly pleased.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am interested in seeing the pair rebel wore for a few months. Also, why not make the soles lickable?

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
I am interested in seeing the pair rebel wore for a few months. Also, why not make the soles lickable?
I'll post some pics this evening. It is an early sample pair of Porters, so there are a few cosmetic improvements (for the better) on the current model for sale. Currently, all of the future models will have soles similar to the Porter. What would you suggest as a change? We are open to suggestions in design.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I would suggest a single-colored hand polished polished sole, buffed to a high gloss if possible. Perhaps a color can be chosen that uniquely identifies the brand. Here's an example I found:
Moore%2BVintage%2BCherry%2B3.jpg

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
cf29aa02.jpg

59c6a129.jpg

bf1944fa.jpg

hey spoo,
are these shoes as reddish as they appear in the pictures. I like the mottled look, but they look like they might be a bit too reddish for my tastes.

Definitely looking at a pair of porters.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I would suggest a single-colored hand polished polished sole, buffed to a high gloss if possible. Perhaps a color can be chosen that uniquely identifies the brand.

Here's an example I found:

We considered this. We may do a model or two to see how they turn out.

I heard Louboutin is suing manufacturers who paint their soles red, so that's out of the question.
eh.gif

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget red. SM has blue. Do something new. Even if it's a dark brown or cherry color. Not painted, but hand polished. I would prefer if the sole and sole edge complimented the upper. One thing I like about C&J even tho I don't own any anymore. Their sole edges and soles compliment the upper (same/similar color). The very reason I don't wear Alden anymore. Dark edges on a tan shoe? Ugh.

Also, what is the box situation looking like?

I applaud you all for doing this and taking the feedback of the forum and producing a [seemingly good] product, I'm all for that.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would prefer if the sole and sole edge complimented the upper. One thing I like about C&J even tho I don't own any anymore. Their sole edges and soles compliment the upper
x2 It has a very distinguishable look and adds a lot IMO. Why not green on the bottom
tounge.gif
Edit: Does someone do green bottom soles already?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads