• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
somebody please teach me Danish I'm tired of looking like a dumbass/tourist here
ffffuuuu.gif

Louis Toadvine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
somebody please teach me Danish I'm tired of looking like a dumbass/tourist here
ffffuuuu.gif

If you're still in Copenhagen it doesn't really matter, everyone speaks English here anyway. If anything I would think that tall blond Danish girls would fall for an American accent
smile.gif

Reaction score
hello all .. i have a feeling that my outfit today will be hated, but i love it, so yeah...
anyway.

IMG_0552.jpg

scarf and sweater are jcrew
jeans are bess, those are studs on the back pocket
inlove.gif

shoes are kors
bag is gryson

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knisse
Hvilken butik er der tale om, er det danske specialiteter? Rødgrød med fløde ha!
Tak. Jo, de har en lille dansk butik i L.A....
IMG_4437.jpg
I hate rødgrød med flød men jeg kan sige, "Fem flade flødeboller på et fladt flødebollefad." And when they make fun of my pronunciation, I say, "Din kæreste er en ulækre tysk." Seriously, I have a hard enough time saying, "Hygge."
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Whodini, hur är din svenska?
I can say three things: "IKEA" , "tack så mycket, kom igen", and "hur långt till Köpenhamn?"
frown.gif
Originally Posted by Louis Toadvine
If you're still in Copenhagen it doesn't really matter, everyone speaks English here anyway. If anything I would think that tall blond Danish girls would fall for an American accent
smile.gif

I hope that's the case when I visit in a few years...

Louis Toadvine

Reaction score
Woah they have paradis is in L.A.? I thought that was Denmark only, I live right next to one and eat way too much of their liquorice icecream. Do they make the icecream daily in-store in the L.A. one too?

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Working on getting shirts that don't suck with a tie (not sure how much longer I'll be able to keep up this kind of pace with posting pics either).
tumblr_lmseh8e4MP1qcq3abo1_400.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Louis Toadvine
Woah they have paradis is in L.A.? I thought that was Denmark only, I live right next to one and eat way too much of their liquorice icecream. Do they make the icecream daily in-store in the L.A. one too?
It's the first store outside of Denmark. They've been in LA for almost two years and they just opened their second shop. And yes, it's just like in DK: made every day in-store. Once in a while they'll make lakrids is but while the is er god, Americans don't like lakrids in general (I like the is I can't stand Haribo lakrids.) They still make flavors like risalamande and hyldeblomst, sell flødbolle, make fruitlove, etc. I wish they'd put up more stuff showing they're Danish because people think they're just "Scandinavian" or Dutch.
frown.gif
I finally got them to put up a menu in Danish so people would know it wasn't just some random new place.
IMG_4436.jpg

Louis Toadvine

Reaction score
That is real nice, had no idea. And that's true, most people outside of Denmark don't appreciate liquorice, sweet or salty. Awesome that you made them put out a danish sign
smile.gif

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh god, i had some triple "salted" black licorice from europe, cant remember from where, but it was horrible. it mustve been a novelty to see who can keep it in their mouth the longest. seriously, do you guys know which one im talking about?

anyone been to st. lawrence market? that candy shop on the bottom floor is where i tried it
redface.gif

aeglus, do you wear sunglasses? any options youd recommend? im looking for something smaller than the ones i have. they feel offensively big now
uhoh.gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivwri
^ Those look noice!

Me today --->

sLGYJ.jpg

side view:

x0oS4.jpg

Looking good
Originally Posted by dtmt
It's what's known as a paddock jacket. Both buttons are meant to be buttoned.

00010m.jpg

I don't mind the one in your link (the buttoning points look much better).

Alexlude

Reaction score
today to work, comfy.. excuse the wrinkled hoody

614-L.jpg

- Shades of Grey
- AA
- RRL
- LV

ramp

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
Ramp, nice fit..
those pants Junya ?

Thanks. Pants are Junya. Just snapped a quick picture when I got home from the bar, so you can't see the details but they have a curved seam that runs down the front of the pant and a very subtle stripe.

Originally Posted by GoSurface
I like this. Best part about it though are your really prominent eyebrows. Brook Shields look FTW/I want brows like that.

inlove.gif

Originally Posted by snowmanxl
this is quite different from your usual aesthetic, correct? (i dont think im confusing you with another poster)
very good either way. lol at no show socks(vis)!!

I've been moving away from gothninja to a more "normal" (or whatever) aesthetic for a few months now. I feel a lot more comfortable in these clothes (Isn't that what its all about?). I think they suit me better, wheras with the gothninja I was, with some pieces at least, only attracted to the aesthetic on a hanger or on another person, but not myself.

Originally Posted by Biggskip
You should check out the no-show socks at Nordstrom. They are flesh color and they are genuinely no-show with every loafer I own.

Cool, I'll take a look next time I find myself near a Nordstroms. Are they more dressy/thin or athletic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads