• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivwri
Me today --->

sLGYJ.jpg

Yesss, excellent.

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Mine venner er fra Århus også. Ha. Nej, jeg lær Dansk (kun en smule) fra mine venner i Los Angeles. Jeg hjælper dem med deres butik...
Imponerende... Du kan fortælle dine venner at de har lært dig godt, dansk er et kompliceret sprog, og det virker til at du kan forstå og formulere dig udemærket
smile.gif
Hvilken butik er der tale om, er det danske specialiteter? Rødgrød med fløde ha!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^rena grekiska för mig. Whodini, hur är din svenska?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knisse
Imponerende... Du kan fortælle dine venner at de har lært dig godt, dansk er et kompliceret sprog, og det virker til at du kan forstå og formulere dig udemærket
smile.gif

Impressive.. .You can tell your friends in the bar that you've improved your Danish a lot, it is a difficult language, or that you you have to work until you can understand or formulate your clothing brand
eh.gif

Er... no, that doesn't quite work without studying the language...

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^thats a ****** translation allright. I wonder how google figured "udemærket -> clothing brand "..

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
^^thats a ****** translation allright. I wonder how google figured "udemærket -> clothing brand "..
smile.gif
It was my own poor effort... maerket -> (Dutch) merk -> brand; too much imagination... Did I get something right?

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your translation wasn't that bad considering you did it yourself without having studied the language.
The first part was more or less correct (there's no bar mentioned though) but you got the last part wrong.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bar was wishful thinking, I guess... What does it say, though (the whole sentence)?

wootx

Reaction score
um, how would "og det virker til at du kan forstå og formulere dig udemærket " be in english? i guess it's about prasing whodini for being proficient in the language, but i really can't get the very first part lol edit: this is google's effort Impressive ... You can tell your friends that they have taught you well, Danish is a complicated language and it works for you to understand and express yourself perfectly last part still sounds strange to me but whatever

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wootx
edit: this is google's effort

Impressive ... You can tell your friends that they have taught you well, Danish is a complicated language and it works for you to understand and express yourself perfectly

last part still sounds strange to me but whatever

That google translation is mostly correct but I think the last part should be more like "it seems like you can understand and express yourself perfectly"

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry NOBD
"Du kan fortælle dine venner at de har lært dig godt, dansk er et kompliceret sprog, og det virker til at du kan forstå og formulere dig udemærket"
-> You can tell you friends that they though you well, danish is a complicated language, and it seems like you understand (it) and can express yourself nicely/perfectly

Im swedish though, so perhaps I only add to the confusion
biggrin.gif

edit: didnt see asobu´s post (you´r danish?), so this was a bit redundant...

_Nomad

Reaction score
Det er visst flere skandinaver her på forumet enn jeg trodde
smile.gif

afc345

Reaction score
Ja, det ser ut til at det går inflasjon i skandinaver her
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics