• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most common style mistakes

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.orange
Really? Could you wear Ed Hardy and still be confident?
When one dons proud The Ed Hardy It's not confidence It's fool-hardy -- Anonymous True story.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asian Afro
I don't know what the Africans were thinking, but lots of Chinese from Mainland China do this to show off the brands of suits they bought. For them, the tag on the sleeve is a badge of honour for brand chasers. I think this practice is on the wane, though. Think Hermes Man.
I invite you all to meet Laxdn Man, seen here at his own wedding... Attachment 66333 I think the tag reads 'LAXDN Pour Homme'.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
When one dons proud
The Ed Hardy
It's not confidences
It's fool-hardy
-- Anonymous

True story.

damn right.

I remember a GQ issue where they interviewed Christian Audgier (I don't care enought to google search his name) and it was interesting to read, not because he's such a great designer but, beacause he was such an airhead and so narcissistic that it made me want to throw up. Can you believe people actually want to buy his ****? It's absurd. For $60 a tee with horrible graphics, I'd rather give my money away.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
I invite you all to meet Laxdn Man, seen here at his own wedding...
Attachment 66333
I think the tag reads 'LAXDN Pour Homme'.

You'd think on his wedding day people would at least refrain from shooting BBs at his shoulder.

thesecondprize

Reaction score
I try to avoid judging other people by their clothing. These are my "pet peeves" - at least the ones I can think of off the type of my head - and have been since long before SF:

- White socks with anything other than athletic shoes
- Socks with shorts (casually)
- Grossly underdressing at "dressy" events (i.e., the person who wore a Celtics jersey to a graduation ceremony)
- Sneakers with suits

xzacx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kasakka
#1 Too big suits. Especially Africans here are guilty of this, but I think it must be that they're used to really hot places where roomy clothes can keep you cooler. Many of them are also quite poor so they've probably picked up their clothes from a thrift store, thus not much chance for sizing. But for anyone else it's nothing but not knowing how to get something in a proper size.

How have more people not called out this ignorant statement?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xzacx

Because he is an obvious troll.

lenahan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
I invite you all to meet Laxdn Man, seen here at his own wedding...
Attachment 66333
I think the tag reads 'LAXDN Pour Homme'.

what is that stuff that looks like BB's on that jacket? That label is a monstrosity.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Regarding sleeve labels. I had literally an entire table of friends try to tell me those dumb cashmere labels are supposed to remain on. No way in hell would I do that.
You sir need new friends.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kasakka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xzacx
I'm sorry but it's not ignorant. The majority of African (yes, people who are actually from Africa) people here are refugees from countries like Somalia etc. where the standard of living is much lower than here. Obviously there are exceptions but that doesn't change the fact that many Africans who come to Finland have got next to nothing upon arrival. If you were thinking I was speaking of the US and African-Americans then read again.

latindandy

Reaction score
looks like it's a LANVIN.
Anyway, that's one shiny suit ... he must a a tropical music performer ...

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kasakka
I'm sorry but it's not ignorant. The majority of African (yes, people who are actually from Africa) people here are refugees from countries like Somalia etc. where the standard of living is much lower than here. Obviously there are exceptions but that doesn't change the fact that many Africans who come to Finland have got next to nothing upon arrival.

If you were thinking I was speaking of the US and African-Americans then read again.

They're moving to Finland...

That must be a cultural shock...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads