• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing D.C. Lewis Footwear - Affiliate Thread

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Very good. Best of luck in your venture, guys.

+1 Fancy a pair of those Porters maybe in Med Brown, wheres the Dark Oak guys ??

DC Lewis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kev777
+1 Fancy a pair of those Porters maybe in Med Brown, wheres the Dark Oak guys ??

We have a medium brown available. Email if you are interested, and we can get you pictures of the leather swatch. There is no upcharge for changing leather colors.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bout time the established Sf shoe experts came out withe a shoe line. Bravo!
Looks are unbelievable and I've no doubt construction will match.

My question is: any plans on bringing development here to the states or to one of the traditional footwear crafting nations?

I, and I'm sure many of u's appreciate the discount passed onto the consumer but I'm sure many of u's would also pay a reasonable premium if cultivated by the hands of craftsmen we've known to love.

Just out of curiosity.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FStyles

My question is: any plans on bringing development here to the states or to one of the traditional footwear crafting nations?

I, and I'm sure many of u's appreciate the discount passed onto the consumer but I'm sure many of u's would also pay a reasonable premium if cultivated by the hands of craftsmen we've known to love.

Just out of curiosity.

To have a shoe made to that quality in the US would cost more than what they are selling it for. I don't really think there would be any room for profit. I feel bad for all the Asians on this site and how we trash their countries product capabilities. I am sure there are a number of Asian firms that can produce high quality goods...this being one of them. Hell...most Italian workshops are loaded with immigrants from the third world and aren't ever touched by a 100% Italiano!

DC Lewis

Reaction score

Just out of curiosity.

Thank you sir! We have no current plans for moving production to the US, England or any other "seasoned" shoe-making countries. That said, we have a lot of ideas for expansion and growth and we certainly will not limit ourselves if the opportunity arises. We understand what stereotypes may come along with these countries of origin but we aim to break those stereotypes. All we ask is that you try us out. For now, all we can offer is our expertise and recommendations along with the positive reviews (all have been positive thus far) of your Style Forum peers. We are confident that once you are able to see and wear these, you will see the amazing quality and value that these represent. If you disagree, feel free to return them. We want for you to be completely satisfied!

Logan and I are both very discerning in our attention to detail, craftsmanship, and overall quality and we we have researched endless ways to insure that. We have chosen the best possible materials and craftsman to bring what we feel is the best valued shoe on the market. I assure you that we have cut no corners to save money as quality is of the utmost importance to us.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can finally break my silence! These shoes look amazing and are way below the price of Lobbs, EG or Vass, yet the quality is very much on par. I was hoping for Logan to get me a pair one of these days, but from the pre-production pictures that I got pre-launch they seem amazing. A Harris as well as Spoo have tried these, so im looking out for Spoos review. Hoping to see a Double Monk similar to the Lobb Chapels or St. Crispins. Logan, if you can get back to me I would appreciate it. PM me or email, thanks

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to post one quick followup to the above message about country of origin.

David began researching this project a few months before I got involved. When he originally approached me about joining him, I was hesitant based solely on the country of origin. I was primarily nervous about how we would overcome this type of question, even if the quality was up to par.

David sent me an early sample, and I was blown away. The shoes exceeded my expectations not just of Laos/Taiwan manufacturing, but of manufacturing that I hadn't experienced before (not from the traditional cordwainer houses). I have handled almost all high-end brands of shoes, so I thought that I knew everything that was available. I was definitely surprised, and I immediately signed on to this project after receiving one sample. Since that sample, we have worked tirelessly to further increase quality and styling.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just out of curiosity.

Those are the best looking shoes I've seen coming out from my home Taiwan! Woohoo! Love those fiddledwaist!

But yeah, the price seems quite reasonable too. higher end chinese oem made dress shoes with imported (usually French ) calfskin can go for 40,000 JPY ($480) and above in japan.

FStyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
To have a shoe made to that quality in the US would cost more than what they are selling it for. I don't really think there would be any room for profit. I feel bad for all the Asians on this site and how we trash their countries product capabilities. I am sure there are a number of Asian firms that can produce high quality goods...this being one of them. Hell...most Italian workshops are loaded with immigrants from the third world and aren't ever touched by a 100% Italiano!

laugh.gif
no need to feel bad for 'us.' we're doing alright.

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
Incredible effort must have gone into this. I can't wait to see more. I would especially like to see pictures of the brogue in Navy (and how light is the tan?). I do wonder though since these prices are within a close distance of C&J benchgrade [though I don't see any navy offerings for C&J at all, and no light tans either], how the "$75 discount, Asian made & new styling" vs. "Northampton-made, traditional-styled" struggle will play out here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads