• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

Islander

Reaction score
I sent them a note. I guess it can't hurt, but below help/contact us I saw this:

"Do you accept outside product or marketing ideas?
Unfortunately we do not accept unsolicited submissions for new product and marketing ideas. While we appreciate individual’s creativity and interest, we have a staff of professionals dedicated exclusively to creating and marketing products that reach our consumers in the most effective manner possible."

How tall are you, psg?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a typical disclaimer that most creative companies have because they don't want you to submit design ideas and expect to get paid or to try sue them for using your ideas.

Asking for longer inseams is more a customer service matter and responding to consumer needs.

I may ask a few retailers to write to them as well. That may have more impact.

I'm 6' 2". I need a 34.5 inseam or longer if I want to roll my cuff. I have a number of LVC with 40 inseams that shrunk to 34.5 or 35" on just a cold wash and air dry.

I used to find 40" inseams on EBay but not for a long, long time now.

If anyone has 36 x 40 LVC and wants to sell or trade let me know. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Islander
I sent them a note. I guess it can't hurt, but below help/contact us I saw this:

"Do you accept outside product or marketing ideas?
Unfortunately we do not accept unsolicited submissions for new product and marketing ideas. While we appreciate individual's creativity and interest, we have a staff of professionals dedicated exclusively to creating and marketing products that reach our consumers in the most effective manner possible."

How tall are you, psg?

mfrege

Reaction score
Unfortunately we do not accept unsolicited submissions for new product and marketing ideas.

I clicked psg's link with good intentions but then I got selfish and decided to tell them to scrap the 55' sawtooth denim western and bring back the 1930s longhorn western. I hope they listen, but I don't think so. They seem fixated on peddling the sawtooth.

Islander

Reaction score
I'm 6'5" and need a 36-7" inseam if I want to roll my cuff. Some of the Japanese repros fit me well but they tend to have a much lower rise and are often too slim in the thighs (Samurai S710XX, WH 660) and/or too wide a leg opening.

My favourite fit is still the STF 501s in 36x40 (or sized down one to 35x40) and I wish I could find LVC in these sizes. Let me know if you ever find anything. Thanks!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PSA, there's a bunch of LVC on sale at CHCM

The 1967 505 are very nice. I have a pair and I have to say a zipper is handy sometimes
smile.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2004 LVC 501XX 1955. I wear these as my go-to pants for working in the yard, landscaping and home projects. Because of that they get very dirty and washed about every other wearing. I went to the San Francisco Levis store and asked the Levis tailor to mend them with scraps of vintage style LVC material and hand sewing. He used red and white gingham, duck canvas and selvedge denim scrapes along with thick all cotton indigo and natural colored thread.

shin.jpg

seatpatch.jpg

knee2.jpg

knee1.jpg

501.jpg

Pablo-T

Reaction score
In-store sale alert for Cinch, Newburgh Street, London. Starts tomorrow.

Some LVC models are being discontinued, notably the 1915 - which many consider a highlight of their range with some of the best fabric of any LVC (or other cinchback). THey'll be half price, £110, so definitely worth turning up for - could be years until they're reintroduced.

JOA

Reaction score
Don't remember this being addressed anywhere, so feel free to point me in the right direction if I'm wrong...

Where (specifically) in the USA are LVC models made (47s, 66s, etc.)?

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JOA
Don't remember this being addressed anywhere, so feel free to point me in the right direction if I'm wrong...

Where (specifically) in the USA are LVC models made (47s, 66s, etc.)?

(cone mills) north carolina

JOA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
(cone mills) north carolina

That's where the denim itself comes from, but I'm pretty sure the assembly takes place in a factory outside of NC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads