• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I think they missed out not showing the aftermath of the execution. Sansa screaming while her father's head tumbled down would have been a damn powerful scene.

That was a huge ******* sword. Jesus.

Sansa pisses me off. I mean, she's hawt, and I want to have sex0r with her, but she is annoying and caused her father's death by being a whiney douche.

Arya is pimp, though.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
So much happened in that episode. I don't have words.

I surely had them when they threw the captured body on the floor and it was Jaime Lannister. Literally said "chop his fuckin head off" outloud.

You know they aren't going to, though. ******* Starks and their nobility.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Lannisters are pretty badass: Particularly Tywin, Tyrion and Jamie (wow I'm actually remembering their names!). Mom/Aunt and Joffry are pretty good at exuding "do not **** with me" 'tude. There really aren't any characters I dislike.

****, only one episode left (same with The Killing) what do I do with myself afterwards??

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they missed out not showing the aftermath of the execution. Sansa screaming while her father's head tumbled down would have been a damn powerful scene. That was a huge ******* sword. Jesus.
Same size Ned used to ice the deserter in the first episode I think.
Originally Posted by Jodum5
The Lannisters are pretty badass: Particularly Tywin, Tyrion and Jamie (wow I'm actually remembering their names!). Mom/Aunt and Joffry are pretty good at exuding "do not **** with me" 'tude. There really aren't any characters I dislike. ****, only one episode left (same with The Killing) what do I do with myself afterwards??
Tyrion and Jamie actually come around to be pretty cool dudes. Joffrey's a douche, and Cersei is cunty beyond words, but Tyrion is pretty boss all-around. I'm pretty disappointed with this series for cutting corners already. The CGI tech exists to show massive battles a la LoTR, so why not show?
Robb's ploy to feint with his footmen while sending his cavalry to crush Jamie's army and take him prisoner was displayed in about 30 seconds of post-battle footage. Surprise; we got Jamie Lannister! ******* cop-out - considering Robb is one of the "five kings" they could have done more to show his tactical prowess. A superior Lannister force getting upended and out-maneuvered by Robb and we get the moneyshot of the battle scene in the damn previews. Remember the cavalry charge from Gladiator? Tell me you didn't want to see Robb Stark pulling that off catching Jamie with his pants down. Especially since all the lead-up to the battle suggested Tywin was going to crush Robb - he's an inexperienced boy with an inferior force, etc. etc. considering how much of an underdog Robb was in this battle, and how the show implied that the Lannisters were going to win, to show the Stark victory in that manner is a massive cop-out. It would be one thing if the major characters lived through the series, continuity was achieved through character development and bloodshed/warfare was simply an unpleasant afterthought. Considering this entire series is based around the war of the five kings, wanton bloodshed and the regular killing of major characters, you need to show the fighting. The violence is the continuity - the entire show hinges around it. Don't cop out on a major plot device.
If there is only one episode left then the next one is going to be a doozy!
The essence of Drogo's alpha-male-ness gets transferred through to Dany in an epic show of rage, fire, and mother ******* dragons. She is going to be a boss. Cannot wait for that scene.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nearly read through your second spoiler
facepalm.gif
. However, the first spoiler tag: dunno about their reasons, but if they felt they couldn't get the full battle scenes right, I don't mind them skipping. I remember the aweful CGI from the Tudors and I am happy if a show decides to skip them instead of half assing it. MAssive battle scenes does not make a good show.

fir3fox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude

Actually its the same sword, its Eddard's

fir3fox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Nearly read through your second spoiler
facepalm.gif
. However, the first spoiler tag: dunno about their reasons, but if they felt they couldn't get the full battle scenes right, I don't mind them skipping. I remember the aweful CGI from the Tudors and I am happy if a show decides to skip them instead of half assing it. MAssive battle scenes does not make a good show.

Speaking of CGI...

I'm a little worried about how they're going to do the dragons. I mean, they can't just roll out dogs and call them dire wolves. =)

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fir3fox
Speaking of CGI...

I'm a little worried about how they're going to do the dragons. I mean, they can't just roll out dogs and call them dire wolves. =)

Any volunteers to tame a timberwolf for the show? We'd actually have characters dying IRL. lol.

fir3fox

Reaction score
Any volunteers to tame a timberwolf for the show? We'd actually have characters dying IRL. lol.

I think True Blood mixes in real wolves.

HBO gets down like that.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fir3fox
Actually its the same sword, its Eddard's
You sure? Maybe it was the angle but when he was pulling the sword from the scabbard it looked like it was a mile long.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sure? Maybe it was the angle but when he was pulling the sword from the scabbard it looked like it was a mile long.

It should be Ice as it is in the book. And that one is humonguous in the book as well.
Big enough to melt down into two swords even.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see what you did there.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty disappointed with this series for cutting corners already. The CGI tech exists to show massive battles a la LoTR, so why not show?

Robb's ploy to feint with his footmen while sending his cavalry to crush Jamie's army and take him prisoner was displayed in about 30 seconds of post-battle footage. Surprise; we got Jamie Lannister! ******* cop-out - considering Robb is one of the "five kings" they could have done more to show his tactical prowess. A superior Lannister force getting upended and out-maneuvered by Robb and we get the moneyshot of the battle scene in the damn previews. Remember the cavalry charge from Gladiator? Tell me you didn't want to see Robb Stark pulling that off catching Jamie with his pants down. Especially since all the lead-up to the battle suggested Tywin was going to crush Robb - he's an inexperienced boy with an inferior force, etc. etc. considering how much of an underdog Robb was in this battle, and how the show implied that the Lannisters were going to win, to show the Stark victory in that manner is a massive cop-out.

It would be one thing if the major characters lived through the series, continuity was achieved through character development and bloodshed/warfare was simply an unpleasant afterthought. Considering this entire series is based around the war of the five kings, wanton bloodshed and the regular killing of major characters, you need to show the fighting. The violence is the continuity - the entire show hinges around it. Don't cop out on a major plot device.

To be fair wasn't the battle glossed over in the same manner in the books?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads