• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Momokun

Reaction score
Eckblk, always in admiration of your purchases, especially those w3 boots. Reverse horse backzips., it's a shame that they were too big for me.
iV6eth.jpg
Find more pics and details here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=243538

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MA+
PA139910.jpg
PA139915.jpg
PA139913.jpg
*images from SZ's MA+ archive
ma_derby3.jpg
ma_derby2.jpg
feb911_54.jpg
p1080530m.jpg
whiteboot2-1-1.jpg
*images from SZ's MA+ archive
5468011240_8501a6b2b1_z.jpg
Boots__13.jpg
Boots__15.jpg

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
so post the ones you want? don't complain because the major contributors to this thread have been posting stuff that they like. post them yourself.

why you would represent me as complaining about lack of brand diversity is beyond me. read my post. not only did i explicitly say i 'really like this thread' i also never suggested that it would benefit from including the brands I listed. i in fact think it would constitute thread-******** to post a pair of (say) white-moutaineering boots in a thread that has so far been very helpfully devoted solely to SZ-approved footwear.

all i was saying was that i find it odd to use the description 'baller + streetwear + $700+ shoes/boots' which is unnecessarily tortuous and potentially too inclusive when a more straightforward and natural way to describe the shoes/boots so far posted (i.e. 'SZ-approved shoes/boots') is at hand

btw i am surprised by your way of handling perceived complaints about lack of diversity esp. given your reputation as a advocate for women's rights. your post reminds me of those who would tell (say) a woman who complains about the lack of female entrepreneurs to just shut up and start companies.

but the important point is that you mis-read me as registering a major complaint about lack of brand diversity when in fact all i have is a minor complaint about thread title.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they'd like to see some non-SZ approved brands here too.

Trying to think of some that pass the grade.

some of the streetwear-y Vass might make it. No balmoral boots though, right? Could they be worn in streetwear fits?

I might just post a whole bunch of stuff i find in MC that's marginally streetwear. Goyser welts etc.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but i tried to post ones i could easily see worn in a streetwear fit. the longwings and the chukkas could be worn with jeans pretty easily. The soles are nice and chunky and the lasts aren't those over the top chisel shapes.

the suede austerity brogues wouldn't look good with jeans but could be worn with pants in a still streetwear look.

But yeah, pushing the boundaries i guess.

Apart from the beautiful Attachment backzips and a couple of the Carpe's, I can't really imagine any of the other boots in this thread being worn outside of one aesthetic. That's fine, but we could do with some more styles in here.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
Yeah, but i tried to post ones i could easily see worn in a streetwear fit. the longwings and the chukkas could be worn with jeans pretty easily. The soles are nice and chunky and the lasts aren't those over the top chisel shapes.

the suede austerity brogues wouldn't look good with jeans but could be worn with pants in a still streetwear look.

But yeah, pushing the boundaries i guess.

Apart from the beautiful Attachment backzips and a couple of the Carpe's, I can't really imagine any of the other boots in this thread being worn outside of one aesthetic. That's fine, but we could do with some more styles in here.

The first chukkas I could see working. It's really the last of the others that pushes them out of the streetwear category. But yeah, the $700 limit is out of reach for even Alden and Tricker's and such that could be worn with a non goth-ninja fit.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the first chukkas are on the F last i think, all the others are also on the F last except for the longwings, which are on the P2 which is chunkier and less sleek.

It's mainly the low angle which makes them look elongated.

Anyway, people wear Paul Smith and Margiela etc in streetwear fits and they're on way sleeker lasts. These are pretty chunky in comparison.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
hendrix always fuckin **** up

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads