• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red jeans -- yes, no or maybe?

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of Dockers jeans on sale in red. Not fire engine red, more of a burnt umber (RGB: 138,51,36). Does anyone wear red jeans/trousers? If so, with what shirts, jackets, shoes?

Thanks in advance!
Twotone

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twotone
I picked up a pair of Dockers jeans on sale in red. Not fire engine red, more of a burnt umber (RGB: 138,51,36). Does anyone wear red jeans/trousers? If so, with what shirts, jackets, shoes? Thanks in advance! Twotone
Sockless loafers, white shirt with two buttons undone, navy blue sports jacket, Omega, Persols and a bit of wax in your hair. Congratulations babes, you now own a 'little something' in Knightsbridge, London, and drive to the country at the weekend in your E-type Jag - 'Daddy's Motor' - with a case of champagne in the back and a BlackBerry absolutely brimming with tasty diamond brokery deals. Alternatively...

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Lol. I would say white shirt/polo shirt. Navy ****. Boat shoes. Loafers. Brown suede chukkas. Grey/navy/maybe green ties. Basically, they are casual trousers! Not to be completely racist, but black people look best in red trousers!

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has there been some sort of military coup in SW&D that caused a mass exodus of refugees to MC?

I don't know, I'm asking.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd stop red jeans at maybe age 22.

NiFTY

Reaction score
i wouldn't wear red jeans but i would wear red chinos

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Just got back from dinner and am wearing a pair of red trousers as I type. Though mine are creased and I'm wearing them with a tie.

For casual red jeans I'd suggest a mute shirt, crisp white or pale blue at the loudest (though I did wear red trousers and a pale yellow shirt to the derby). No socks. Tassels, pennies or drivers. Navy blazer is solid but if you're not trying to look like an American flag I'd also look into a herringbone option. Rugby has a nice casual silk/linen herringbone jacket that would look great with red jeans and I've heard it's actually made quite well.

http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?...719&cp=3138868

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
theyre VERY versatile. I wear mine with a light blue shirt, and a navy sport coat, or a cashmere gunclub check, in the winter i pair em with a cream shirt and a navy cardigan, white shirts go great obviously.....as for shoes, just throw on any brown shoes. laofers, laceups, monks, etc.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hell yes
DSC00834-1.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
naked and famous pomegranate?
RRL oxbloods. This pic was taken at the U2 concert this past week. I think red jeans are best for a) concerts & b) getting sloshed
laugh.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
^ Lol. I would say white shirt/polo shirt. Navy ****. Boat shoes. Loafers. Brown suede chukkas. Grey/navy/maybe green ties. Basically, they are casual trousers! Not to be completely racist, but black people look best in red trousers!

Nothing racist about that...

High contrast people do also look good in it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads