• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Geez, Mark. You're going to have to trade in your "Privileged White Guy" card as we know that doesn't happen to us! I learned as a kid that drunk chics + public setting + hitting on you = get the eff out of dodge as it's always the random guy's fault. Glad to hear you came out without a trip downtown and that you're enjoying the new ride so much.
smile.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
From the "Hey, at least I got felt up" File: So I'm standing at the bar at this local live music place tonight. I order one drink and think I'm probably going home. This young girl at the bar starts talking to me and instantly I know she is completely wasted; like, she-might-hurt-herself wasted. Being the chivalrous guy I am, I become concerned that she's very vulnerable and could be hurt or worse. I motion to the bartender, but they are very busy and they do nothing, other than shrug. Before I know it, she's all over me, trying to kiss me and God knows what else. She keeps saying "if you **** me over, I'll ******* kill you." I keep telling her that's not funny and keep trying to get the bartenders' attention, to no avail. Long story short, eventually the bartenders recognize that this chick is out of it and call the bouncer. By this point, I'm literally holding her up to keep her from falling on the ground. One bartender tells me that she's been there for 3 hours and had 1 drink (clearly something worse than alcohol). The bouncers come and carry her outside. Next thing I know, the cops show up. I wind up on the sidewalk being searched and questioned. He literally was patting down my junk to make sure I didn't have anything in my pockets or whatever. He took my name and number. I went back in the bar (they had my credit card) and the woman bartender told me that she told them I had nothing to do with it other than trying to help. The whole thing still pisses me off, because my name is now in some police report and I wind up on the sidewalk outside the bar being felt up by a cop. And all for nothing more than trying to be chivalrous. I could have left the ***** to fall on her ass, but was trying to not be an asshole.
Fixed the title for you.
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
THESE are the kind of single guy shenanigans that will make our reality show great!
You'd be sitting at the bar, telling everybody who asked "Hey, that guy just sat down next to me. I have no idea what his deal is" while you laugh your ass off inside.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
realizing i got bleach om my shorts and shoes
ffffuuuu.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm meeting a friend for lunch today who is ALWAYS late. We agreed to meet at 1:00 but I purposely made the reservation for 1:15 so that she'd be fashionably late rather than atrociously late. It's now 1:40 and she still isn't here. **** her. This is the last time I do anything with her that requires even a little punctuality.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that the time on the clock doesn't mean anything to a woman.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
On the plus side all the valet parking guys in the greater North Dallas area think my new mid-life crisis car is the ****. I had two different valet guys tonight tell me what a great car it was. One got out and told me he was in heaven. I looked over at the white Lambo, the Aston Martin and the high-end Benz parked out front and wondered what he was smoking.

Kinda overboard given that it's 12 years old and has 72,000 miles on it.

...but I sure enjoy driving it.

What kind of car?

Originally Posted by in stitches
realizing i got bleach om my shorts and shoes
ffffuuuu.gif

I know of the frustration from which you speak. I used to be a big fan of those bleach wipes for cleaning off my counters and the like, but I keep noticing that my T-shirts would have a spot where I was leaning up again the counter while wiping the back of it. I've since removed most of the bleach products from my house.

Originally Posted by Stazy
I'm meeting a friend for lunch today who is ALWAYS late. We agreed to meet at 1:00 but I purposely made the reservation for 1:15 so that she'd be fashionably late rather than atrociously late. It's now 1:40 and she still isn't here. **** her. This is the last time I do anything with her that requires even a little punctuality.

******* hate this ****. When this type of thing happens to me I usually pick some arbitrary time, say 1:35. If they don't make by then, pay for your drink and leave. By this point I am usually very hungry. I advise heading to the nearest Taco Bell.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
Sweet! I'm a few years from my mid-life crisis, but I have my eye set on an early 70's E-type.

Just an absolute kick-ass car. You should probably consider marrying a Jag mechanic though. Especially if you buy a 12-cylinder version.
laugh.gif

That's my dream car if I had $50K to spend on a car to park in the garage and drive on special occasions.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
....I can't even talk to my girlfriend about my experiences and things that interest me while I'm away on vacation. Do I possibly have the shittiest girlfriend?
Depends on the criteria by which you measure your girlfriends. I, however, would tend to agree with you.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
Depends on the criteria by which you measure your girlfriends. I, however, would tend to agree with you.

the worst part was that I was showing her a monastery that was built in 1153 that I went to see today (I wasn't even being long I just grabbed a couple pics from google images) and I could tell she was just giving fake responses so I tinyurl'd a titty picture and waited for her response to confirm.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
the worst part was that I was showing her a monastery that was built in 1153 that I went to see today...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads