• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

SartorialConductor

Reaction score
I'd go with a suit for the wedding too. If you're not sure call the couple and ask about dress code.

Trying to learn style while perfecting my craft. Style is actually tougher to understand...
Sent from iPhone

SartorialConductor

Reaction score
Had anyone seen thus label in a BB coat? If so,does it have any significance? Trying to learn style while perfecting my craft. Style is actually tougher to understand... Sent from iPhone

J47

Reaction score
Just called the wedding host. Seems about everyone is going suited up.
smile.gif

Archivist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GamaH
This may seem like a really straightforward question, but you'd be surprised how much contradictory information is out there.

Is there a definitive cm (or inches) to US-size shoe chart?

There are a lot of International/UK/EU/AUS to US size charts (which once again sometimes don't even agree with each other, based on website) but I need to know my US size to begin with, and "estimates" (as often with 'conversion' charts) won't do.

I know each shoe maker varies, and even within the shoemaker the lasts vary, but I just need to know the US "standard."

Well, you could read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_size
The main result will be to convince you that you really need to try the shoes on, there is just a lot of variation in all the sizing systems for rtw shoes.

SartorialConductor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J47
Just called the wedding host. Seems about everyone is going suited up.
smile.gif

Nice as a man two weeks from being a groom I'm glad you just asked. I'm hoping our invitation was specific enough that none of my family shows up in polos...

On the wedding topic do you guys think I can get away with wearing a diamond white vest and contrasting purple tie with my tux as the groom? The white on white is what I wear when I conduct and I want to be different. The bride will be in a diamond white dress.

Also groomsman in black vests with a contrasting tie or go matchy-match purple vest too?

Nikooo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SartorialConductor
Had anyone seen thus label in a BB coat? If so,does it have any significance?
Just states the maker of the cloth - Loro Piana offers some of the most luxurious suiting fabrics around.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SartorialConductor
Had anyone seen thus label in a BB coat? If so,does it have any significance?

Trying to learn style while perfecting my craft. Style is actually tougher to understand...
Sent from iPhone

I have the same label in my 3 roll 2 BB blazer.

IMG_20110604_081946.jpg

It is, I believe, the upgraded fabric over the standard that Brooks Brothers offers.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Flying coach from NYC to L.A. for a wedding later this summer.

What's the best way to pack a suit?
Or should I just wear it on the plane?

gamma1234

Reaction score
Help pick my next shoe!

Current Shoes (pics below)
AE Black Park Ave
AE Brown 5th Ave
AE Merlot McCallister
AE Walnut Strand

Info: Looking for another workhorse shoe to add to my daily work routine - I work as a lawyer and wear suits daily. Looking to stick with a balmoral. AEs seem to give me pretty good value for the price, and I have a lot of money in amazon giftcards(nearly all AEs are on amazon) so I want to stick to AEs for the time being.

Suggestions welcome! Thanks

gamma1234

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
Flying coach from NYC to L.A. for a wedding later this summer.

What's the best way to pack a suit?
Or should I just wear it on the plane?

I travel in my suits on a weekly basis. I find the best way is to lay the suit coat across your lap/legs and pack the slacks in your luggage. I have never had luck packing the suit coat : (

SartorialConductor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow

It is, I believe, the upgraded fabric over the standard that Brooks Brothers offers.

Sweet. I grabbed it at at a thrift store today in a pindot BB suit. 44L is much to large for me. PM if anyone wants it.

SartorialConductor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamma1234
Help pick my next shoe!

Current Shoes (pics below)
AE Black Park Ave
AE Brown 5th Ave
AE Merlot McCallister
AE Walnut Strand

Info: Looking for another workhorse shoe to add to my daily work routine - I work as a lawyer and wear suits daily. Looking to stick with a balmoral. AEs seem to give me pretty good value for the price, and I have a lot of money in amazon giftcards(nearly all AEs are on amazon) so I want to stick to AEs for the time being.

Suggestions welcome! Thanks

I love the strand. I'm kind of over black shoes atm though...

ewc

Reaction score
I've decided the MTM suit I had made up just looks awkward, so I'm planning changes. Original is on the left. On the right, I've lowered the button stance, opened the quarters and softened the shoulder. Is that better? What else needs doing?
43jVq.png
Oh, and I also gave myself a cutaway collar, which I'm undecided about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads