• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrKaizen
devil.gif

High Quality Hot Girl

And she can even sew a buttonhole!

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Trying to see how much I could get away with for work. Sort of think I went a bit overboard here and should tone it down next time. (also wanted to wear beige linen trousers instead of what I wore but they were wrinkled badly from a wash)
tumblr_lmkuo6V1mq1qcq3abo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lmkumbMnkF1qcq3abo1_400.jpg

tumblr_lmkuhiyGog1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lmkuc7XAWo1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lmku8jYpVM1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
My apologies, aeglus. I snagged your pic here WITHOUT
facepalm.gif
including your accompanying "fresh from the wash" explanation. I was trying to illustrate a collar question that I had in another thread, only to have the collar wrinkles generally disparaged. My bad.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
My apologies, aeglus. I snagged your pic here WITHOUT
facepalm.gif
including your accompanying "fresh from the wash" explanation. I was trying to illustrate a collar question that I had in another thread, only to have the collar wrinkles generally disparaged.

My bad.

I don't think you have to apologize for using my pic somewhere. If you stick it up on the internet, (especially on a message board like this), you're pretty much giving everyone possession of it.

Plus even I admitted that I thought it was a bit of a failure (in my opinion) after looking at the pictures.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
86ddea68.jpg

I'm going to stick my neck out and say I don't like this. The shirt is quite nice in terms of colour and pattern on you, but seems a bit tight around the midriff, causing the pattern to "bow outwards" a bit. Also, the combination of the shirt and the orange trousers is just too much, even for your skin colour which usually works splendidly with these bright and vibrant colours.
Originally Posted by spertia
To my eye, this is one of the most flattering suits that you have posted. The whole thing, from the jacket to the trousers, just seems much slimmer-fitting than your usual. Could be a camera trick, but this silhouette works well for you.
Originally Posted by philosophe
The slimmer cut looks great, C. I like the slouchier numbers, too, but trim is great.
Originally Posted by JayJay
Holdfast's suit is Thom Browne's BB Black Fleece, IIRC. The suit looks great, save the lapels, and I agree that the cut works for him.
Thanks. As you all know, I prefer a more traditional cut, but every once in a while a slimmer look gets thrown in the mix. My summer outfits tend to have a higher percentage of these. FWIW, I find BBBF too slim in the sleeves and lapels, with too high a buttoning point and too short a jacket length to be my preferred cut. Also I like a bit more structure in the shoulder. But I like variety too!
Originally Posted by gnatty8
P1030786-Version2.jpg

Always good to see your intermittent posts. Your colours remind me that Wimbledon is just around the corner.
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Vox' recent link to Flusser contained a sentence about breast pockets containing only squares but I see this and nii doing it as well. Are we in elite country here or can anyone (meaning me) do this, also?
Nothing wrong with actually using pockets. Just try not to let it interfere with the overall look you're aiming for. Look, I wear prescription glasses (and therefore sunglasses too), but don't like transition/photochromic lenses to have to carry the other pair with me on sunny days. That's just part of my life. I keep them in a case too, to prevent damage, and often put the case in the breast pocket. If I do that, I either skip the square, or use a linen square that doesn't take up space so the case easily fits in there too. Functionality comes first, but you can easily adapt your look to accommodate the functionality a bit so the compromise is minimised.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Always good to see your intermittent posts. Your colours remind me that Wimbledon is just around the corner.

Thanks Holdfast, I assume that's a good thing?
blush.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Thanks Holdfast, I assume that's a good thing?
blush.gif

Very much so, yes. Our gardens need the rain that the Wimbledon championships always bring.
laugh.gif

feastmaster

Reaction score
From church today...I should have worn red for Pentecost
DSCN08681.jpg
DSCN0875-1.jpg
DSCN0877.jpg
Fun facts about today's fit - pants are Today's Man (Made in Italy) - Does anyone know who made their pants/suits? Shoes - Church's - No breast pocket on SC; How do SF'ers feel about that?

Alexander

Reaction score
feastmaster, I think the collar looks bad... maybe another kind of collar or knot could be good
smile.gif

DownByTheRiverSide

Reaction score
Hello to all. I'd just like to say that I am enjoying seeing everyone's different looks on here the past few weeks. Even though I dont post, I come here every day to see what may inspire me to try something different, or perhaps to do something I have always done in a better or more interesting way. Thank You.

feastmaster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alexander
feastmaster, I think the collar looks bad... maybe another kind of collar or knot could be good
smile.gif

Thanks, Alexander. I completely agree. The collar is weak. It's also a poor fitting shirt except in the shoulders and neck.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pNZL2.jpg

O9bVq.jpg

Posted this in S&D, but deciding to stray from there permanently. Do you think the belt works with the shoes? (Need haircut also.)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01

Posted this in S&D, but deciding to stray from there permanently. Do you think the belt works with the shoes? (Need haircut also.)

I dont think the belt goes with the shoes, and I dont think the shoes go with the fit. NYR could interject as this is more his steez, but if the shoes were to stay, I would have done a white belt or a blue/white ribbon belt instead. But dont listen to me, I dont really know **** about SW&D ish stuff.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I don't think the belt goes with the shoes, and I don't think the shoes go with the fit. NYR could interject, as this is more his steez, but if the shoes were to stay, I would have done a white belt or a blue/white ribbon belt instead. But don't listen to me, I don't really know **** about SW&D-ish stuff.

Thanks! I was umming and ahhing about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads