• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Uncaring has got to stop necrobumping with useless comments...

He doesn't seem to care....
Obviously it's more than coincidence that so many ernest threads have been bumped. Also not a coincidence that I suddenly have a dust in my Rolex.
ffffuuuu.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
He doesn't seem to care....
Obviously it's more than coincidence that so many ernest threads have been bumped.

+1 I thought exactly the same. Although I dont remember ernest.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Uncaring has got to stop necrobumping with useless comments...

+ 100

I don't complain here , but it is really annoying to see this user necrobum reallllllllly old threads with the most inane replies/questions. I think this is a sock account and the original user needs to be atleast timed out.

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
I don't know why he keeps coming back to a clothing forum when his primary purpose seems to be to discuss politics (and since his Soulshine incarnation, he's been getting banned long before CE eligibility.)

eh same could be said for half you mofos using transparent moderation log as a chat room

it used to be about the CLOTHES MAN

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
worship.gif
to whoever spaminated Uncaring. That was like nailing an Al Qaeda top lieutenant.

I think this warrants a B&S sale title change...

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
+ 100

I don't complain here , but it is really annoying to see this user necrobum reallllllllly old threads with the most inane replies/questions. I think this is a sock account and the original user needs to be atleast timed out.

Yeah, the "where can I score some Allen-Edmonds at a discount" comment was sort of fishy.

emptym

Reaction score
He was definitely a sock created for trolling. The fourth known username by this person. His first username had a mix of helpful posts and, ah, not so helpful posts. But after posts of the later type had been reported by various members, he was asked to be nice. His response was that we could ban that username and his IP add, since he had other ones to post from. Higher powers than I called for his spamination at that point.

It's too bad he responded that way to the original warning, since he did have some very helpful posts. And it's too bad he's responding with this trolling. It must have taken him a fair amt of time to find new computers w/ new IP adds, generate new email adds and new usernames, and make multiple posts. The only thing one could get out of that is the pleasure from causing other's pain. It succeeded in causing some irritation to various SF members. But any irritation to the mods -- whom he ostensibly would primarily want to irritate -- is minor: It only takes takes five seconds to hit the spam button. And we feel nothing for trolls but pity.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
He was definitely a sock created for trolling. The fourth known username by this person. His first username had a mix of helpful posts and, ah, not so helpful posts. But after posts of the later type had been reported by various members, he was asked to be nice. His response was that we could ban that username and his IP add, since he had other ones to post from. Higher powers than I called for his spamination at that point.

It's too bad he responded that way to the original warning, since he did have some very helpful posts. And it's too bad he's responding with this trolling. It must have taken him a fair amt of time to find new computers w/ new IP adds, generate new email adds and new usernames, and make multiple posts. The only thing one could get out of that is the pleasure from causing other's pain. It succeeded in causing some irritation to various SF members. But any irritation to the mods -- whom he ostensibly would primarily want to irritate -- is minor: It only takes takes five seconds to hit the spam button. And we feel nothing for trolls but pity.

Can you out his alter ego?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
SpooPoker, you are under arrest by the Washington, D.C. Pre-Crime unit for the creation of a fifth sockpuppet for the purposes of trolling, to occur tomorrow afternoon at 4:57pm Eastern time. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics