• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That's a really good looking boot- reminds me of old Augusta.
CCP *purple
2vt4460.jpg
*black
2j2jmyu.jpg

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The purple boot or blue boots are some of my grails.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abraxis
The purple boot or blue boots are some of my grails.
I'm sure you'll have 1 of the 2 at your current rate
laugh.gif
More Sissy P
admantine shell cordovan, grainy kangaroo joints and an irregularly stacked cow leather sole
ccpjointed.jpg
ccpjointed2.jpg

kwoyeu

Reaction score
I really like this thread, but ...
Why not just title it the official sz-approved boots/shoes thread which is what it really seems to be about

There are streetwear boots/shoes from mmm, dries, junta x trickers, Mr.hare, nonnative etc that are 700+ but don't aesthetically gel with those posted so far at all. Of course one could say that none of those brands produces 'baller' footwear but a claim like that even if true needs to be argued rather than simply assumed.

Plus one striking thing about the boots/shoes so far posted is that they 'all look same' as has been pointed out. So it would be more natural to describe them with their shared aesthetic (the 'sz-aesthetic') than some other shared characteristic that is less striking

grimt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
Why not just title it the official sz-approved boots/shoes thread which is what it really seems to be about

There are streetwear boots/shoes from mmm, dries, junta x trickers, Mr.hare, nonnative etc that are 700+ but don't aesthetically gel with those posted so far at all. Of course one could say that none of those brands produces 'baller' footwear but a claim like that even if true needs to be argued rather than simply assumed.

Plus one striking thing about the boots/shoes so far posted is that they 'all look same' as has been pointed out. So it would be more natural to describe them with their shared aesthetic (the 'sz-aesthetic') than some other shared characteristic that is less striking

I agree about everything in this post.
fight[1].gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cool story but mmm doesn't exist anymore, and the rest of those are not baller. gotta slap down 20 100s for shoes to be baller

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like this thread, but ... Why not just title it the official sz-approved boots/shoes thread which is what it really seems to be about There are streetwear boots/shoes from mmm, dries, junta x trickers, Mr.hare, nonnative etc that are 700+ but don't aesthetically gel with those posted so far at all. Of course one could say that none of those brands produces 'baller' footwear but a claim like that even if true needs to be argued rather than simply assumed. Plus one striking thing about the boots/shoes so far posted is that they 'all look same' as has been pointed out. So it would be more natural to describe them with their shared aesthetic (the 'sz-aesthetic') than some other shared characteristic that is less striking
Shrug, don't be silly. Just because that's all that's been posted doesn't mean that those others can't be posted. That others haven't contributed other styles isn't the thread creator's responsibility, it's on people who like that stuff. Or do you expect people who happen to fixate on what's been posted to go and find boots they aren't into to post for the sake of others who share a different taste? Step back and realize that the thread is new and other things will emerge and then a variety of styles will trend in and out and co-exist in the thread probably like the "Baller Sneaker" thread or any other thread like this.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally my two favorite Augusta:

Cordovan sidezips, supposedly Atelier sold a version in bone/tan with perforations. Would love to see those... not sure I'd like perforations though or that Black could be beat. Bone might be amazing though.
YHgAo.jpg

Derby in blue elephant
loDFt.jpg

chomeo

Reaction score
MA+ tall staple boots. It looks like in reverse leather. Check out Darkland they have a similar pair.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

so post the ones you want? don't complain because the major contributors to this thread have been posting stuff that they like. post them yourself.

Magic1

Reaction score
Those augusta size zips and derbies are amazing. Although I do think poell makes the best derbies around.

Here's a dilema I'm in and maybe some of you can help me out: guidi side zips in donkey (dark dark green, kind of black) or carpe diem lace ups in calf (brown).

BTW, I tried on those jointed (articulated is the appropriate term) ccp boots and they are pretty amazing. A tad aggressive for my style, but truly amazing.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magic1
Those augusta size zips and derbies are amazing. Although I do think poell makes the best derbies around. Here's a dilema I'm in and maybe some of you can help me out: guidi side zips in donkey (dark dark green, kind of black) or carpe diem lace ups in calf (brown). BTW, I tried on those jointed (articulated is the appropriate term) ccp boots and they are pretty amazing. A tad aggressive for my style, but truly amazing.
I vote for the carpes
laugh.gif

MOre CARPE Diem*images courtesy of Layers/Carpe Diem archive & Eastern Market
DSC_0464.jpg
IMG_0023-1.jpg
IMG_0006-1.jpg
IMG_0015-1.jpg
IMG_0018-1.jpg
IMG_0020-1.jpg
IMG_0028-1.jpg
IMG_0031-1.jpg
IMG_0043-1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads