• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHRK33
I just received a pair of tan suede v-tips that I ordered online and was told they were on the barrie last, but they seem to fit incredibly snug as compared to all my other barrie shoes and boots. I was wondering if anyone could confirm the last of the shoes based on the following numbers on the inside of the shoe: top line - 0B22 028 7; bottom line - 877017. I am thinking they might actually be on the Hampton last and just wanted to see if there was any way to definitively figure it out. I am worried I might be going crazy.
smile.gif
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i would call tom at LSH

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
2ryipz7.jpg

cigar straight tip blucher argyles otc

Very nice! I have this shoe in #8. Is yours on the Aberdeen last like mine? The captoe blucher has a bit more presence than the more common captoe bal. A very versatile shoe, I've found, that works as well with denim as with a suit.

rkusmant

Reaction score
has anyone received the shoemart Alden seconds email? The last one I got was on April.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked them to send me one out a couple of weeks ago and they said their computer system was down and the emails weren't going out for some reason. They were trying to fix it unsuccessfully.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone let me know how Indy 405s will hold up in snow provided that I condition them properly with some Lexol or whatnot? I won't be trudging through mounds of snow or anything, but I'm thinking of using them as winter boots in Michigan weather.

Thanks in advance!

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Can someone let me know how Indy 405s will hold up in snow provided that I condition them properly with some Lexol or whatnot? I won't be trudging through mounds of snow or anything, but I'm thinking of using them as winter boots in Michigan weather.

Thanks in advance!

The boots will hold up fine. I wore mine throughout last winter through London and the Northeast US without any issue. Some folks have complained about the soles on the 405s not being suitable for slippery weather though. I haven't had that issue but your mileage may vary.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade

Thanks in advance!

I guess the big question is where/what are you doing in Michigan? If you're going to be eating Zingerman's corned beef sandwiches and pretending to study in Ann Arbor, they'll be fine (subject to the caveat that the previous poster mentioned about the soles). If you're going to be working electrical lines in the UP, get some Sorels.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkusmant
has anyone received the shoemart Alden seconds email? The last one I got was on April.

According to Marc at shoe mart, they received the latest seconds shipment from alden, and We're supposed to get the list anytime soon.

Robstrongo

Reaction score
For anyone that has shoes or boots in natural chromexcel, how does it age? Will it darken over time?

Kenal0

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediahound
I posted this elsewhere but figured I'd post it here too.

You may be tying your shoes wrong.

I've been doing it wrong all these years!:
http://www.ted.com/talks/terry_moore...our_shoes.html

This really works!

So far I have tried this on hockey skates, running shoes and my work shoes. It worked on all three.
No more double knots for me. This is really one of the best things I have learned lately.
Thanks

Kenal0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads