• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hollywars
Surplus GATs can be had for 85$

I'm selling mine for less than that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chiggah
what scarf brands should i be looking at ? Doesnt have to be high end but must be decent-good quality. I was looking at Allsaints.com scarves http://www.allsaints.com/men/scarves/

Check out Johnston's

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guess I'll try the streetwear crowd:

Is it still acceptable to cuff the sleeves on an unstructured cotton blazer if you're wearing it with a tie? And would the casualness of the tie -- say, cotton or linen -- be a factor?

Thanks...

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Guess I'll try the streetwear crowd: Is it still acceptable to cuff the sleeves on an unstructured cotton blazer if you're wearing it with a tie? And would the casualness of the tie -- say, cotton or linen -- be a factor? Thanks...
Regardless of the tie, it's fine. Obviously would look better with a knit tie and something slim of course Then again, I usually don't cuff for no reason.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks man...

(I usually cuff because the sleeves run long in every jacket ever made, ever. Practical sprezz.)

b14k

Reaction score
I've been wearing my new a.p.c. ps for 3 days now and they're my first pair of raw denim, but i don't think the fit looks right on me. I liked how the size 28 looked on me in Barneys , so i was told to size down to a 27 since they stretched (i don't think i'd be able to fit a 26, I couldn't even button the top on the 27). Now, but I'm starting to get second thoughts on these. I'm not sure if it's because they haven't fully stretched out yet, or because they haven't "settled" down yet, but at the moment, I'm not sure they look right. Opinions/Advice? Should i try a different cut/brand?
fopxg3.jpg
20hx503.jpg

Hollywars

Reaction score
I think they may possibly be the wrong cut for you, it looks like you have a lot of room in the thighs. Did you try the NC?

b14k

Reaction score
When i tried the NC, they were bigger in the thighs than NS or PS. Supposedly, they're suppose to be smaller? otherwise, somebody might have stretched out the one i tried on at Barneys.

contactdo

Reaction score
I saw a picture in the WAYWT thread, and someone responded with "if you're going to wear jeans as trousers, hem them like trousers." What does that mean? Does that mean hem the jeans so there are no stacks? Here is the fit pic: WAYWT Picture

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by b14k
I've been wearing my new a.p.c. ps for 3 days now and they're my first pair of raw denim, but i don't think the fit looks right on me.

Sag them some, then see what you think.

Originally Posted by contactdo
I saw a picture in the WAYWT thread, and someone responded with "if you're going to wear jeans as trousers, hem them like trousers." What does that mean? Does that mean hem the jeans so there are no stacks? Here is the fit pic: WAYWT Picture

Dumb advice. Just don't wear jeans with those other clothes, they're incongruous. Wear wool or cotton trousers. You aren't wearing that fit casually, are you? Because don't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads