• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does leather paneling count?

01.jpg

Emixam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ
I have the FW07 leather that I think is considered the Cadet, and I love it. Geller's leathers are always thin; I've put mine through hell and it hasn't torn so the thin leather doesn't bother me. It works well as an all year leather (I still wear mine in summer nights). I have a 46 but the whole thing measures out like a 44 so just check the measurements.
no cadet is FW08 - this one :
RGCadetLeather.jpg

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot

01.jpg

Whose collection is that from?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
pics make it look extremely ugly even though it looks really nice. here these will do it justice
IMG_1415.jpg
julius-jut-neck.jpg
leather is lamb skin I believe

that one is the ram leather. the ss09 one, which is the one i have, is lamb. this one has a better zipper configuration though, imo

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
Whose collection is that from?
gareth pugh fw 2011 If you're very thin it might fit you, a lot of pugh's women's stuff is androgynous in cut (according to the folks over at sz).

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the grey moto from ss11 and the rider from aw10 of gellers and their quality is amazing. Ill post fit picks soon.

Elysium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
pics make it look extremely ugly even though it looks really nice. here these will do it justice
IMG_1415.jpg
julius-jut-neck.jpg
leather is lamb skin I believe

LOL yeah my pics were pretty crap, those are much better. Label says the leather is ram

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn- the jut neck is my favorite Julius leather

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Gareth Pugh is awesome but I wonder if we will find him one-note a la KVA in a few years

I don't know, the nature of progression in fashion is kind of inscrutable (again, look at sz for debates on whether creators are stagnant or not), and I'm sure if you were really into KVA you could find plenty of diversity and progress. Judging from this collection, Pugh seems capable of evolution and diversity (colors! holy ****!), and his design virtuosity and affinity for interesting construction (see his student work with inflatable garments, and his basically unwearable early runway stuff) give him a lot of room to maneuver.

Aren't SCHORL and Tornado Mart one-note labels? Sustained focus on a given look or approach isn't always a bad thing.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1IeypypFwXk/TXJKSJWCMyI/AAAAAAAALAw/w5hey4tKp1U/s1600/01.jpg[IMG][/I]

This is the kind of thing you could write a scifi movie around in 30 seconds. Hell yes.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Elysium
LOL yeah my pics were pretty crap, those are much better. Label says the leather is ram

Originally Posted by nahneun
that one is the ram leather. the ss09 one, which is the one i have, is lamb. this one has a better zipper configuration though, imo

ok, so its ram but its the same picture as elysiums leather at least.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads