• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FU Friday.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
That's an interesting jacket. I've been meaning to buy a similarly-sized plaid number in brown tones from Canali (http://www.canali.it/english/homepage.php#/homepage). Still having difficulties in seeing how to pair a jacket like this with trousers & shirts+tie.

Austin Hill indian madras.

Another example from last year:

Al_Merick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Austin Hill indian madras.

Another example from last year:

Jacket appears to have a lot more shape through the waist in this picture. Has this jacket been let out? Your post with it today seems to have a lot less shape to it....

mcobinad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prestosmp
Today was a go sans blazer kind of day, so i threw on a nice pair of maroon braces to frame my tie.

tumblr_lmiz8cSTS21qkt22uo1_500.jpg

Nice fit.

mcobinad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Trying to see how much I could get away with for work. Sort of think I went a bit overboard here and should tone it down next time.
(also wanted to wear beige linen trousers instead of what I wore but they were wrinkled badly from a wash)

tumblr_lmkuo6V1mq1qcq3abo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lmkumbMnkF1qcq3abo1_400.jpg

tumblr_lmkuhiyGog1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lmkuc7XAWo1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lmku8jYpVM1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

Gracious goodness. You guys are killing me with style here. Just one word "Awesome". The fitting suits your morphology. Keep posting
cheers.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Al_Merick
Jacket appears to have a lot more shape through the waist in this picture. Has this jacket been let out? Your post with it today seems to have a lot less shape to it....

Identical jacket. The angle on the recent shot lends itself to lens distortion and adds about 10-20 lbs to my midsection.

D Yizz

Reaction score
FU Friday.

1. You seem to have lost weight, compared to last year's pic. 2. Linen pants seem too wrinkled. Afternoon pic, or didn't press this morning? 3. Cuffs appear excessively big. I would shave about 1/2 inch off 'em.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5818567315_7080bf0f78_b.jpg

Would look better with jeans? Lol, side-note, makes me laugh (the blurred out mouth)! It's like Japanese Appreciation, but mouth Appreciation!
tongue.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
1. You seem to have lost weight, compared to last year's pic. 2. Linen pants seem too wrinkled. Afternoon pic, or didn't press this morning? 3. Cuffs appear excessively big. I would shave about 1/2 inch off 'em.
1) Yes, I think I have too. 2) They're abaca and cotton, IIRC. And yes to both. 3) Cuffs are staying.
biggrin.gif
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Would look better with jeans? Lol, side-note, makes me laugh (the blurred out mouth)! It's like Japanese Appreciation, but mouth Appreciation!
tongue.gif

No jeans. This is a hot weather jacket, and I find jeans ill-suited for hot summer wear.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
b03d545b.jpg

Wow. That fabric is Grail Status, for me at least. Not sure about the tie with it, but the suit gets 36 thumbs up from me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads