• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think about Martin Varsavsky´s style?

retirt

Reaction score
5583002164_4d44c4b9bf_z.jpg
4301172297_fc42324731_z.jpg
3475340775_a6d16782f9_z.jpg

more, here

retirt

Reaction score
and what about this tweet? Lending clothes to my son Tom so he can get into a nightclub. And no I am not cheap. He likes to wear them! I must say that personally, regardless of how I have done as an entrepreneur, I have always avoided luxury brands. I shop at Zara and H&M, Diesel, Pepe Jeans, Replay are already an extravagance for me, and from there on I show no interest. No matter how well I do as an entrepreneur I will never part with thousands of dollars to buy shoes, suits or other clothing. I do however admire the mostly Italian, French and American entrepreneurs who manage to cash in on people insecurities and pay them 10 times cost for perceived brand value. The combination of original design, exhaustive PR and ubiquitous advertising that creates a luxury brand is something, I admit, I will never be able to create as an entrepreneur. Now I am a sucker for Apple products and that is the closest thing to a luxury brand shopping experience that I will go for.

Reaction score
he dresses like my son and i could be his son.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by retirt
I do however admire the mostly Italian, French and American entrepreneurs who manage to cash in on people insecurities and pay them 10 times cost for perceived brand value.
Well, he is right that most 'luxury' brands are just over-priced crap trading on their name and their marketing department. Maybe he just hasn't yet had his eyes opened to the sort of real high quality clothing that is discussed on SF. Many people are not aware that bespoke tailoring even exists.

retirt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Yes, New York City City.

well, you should know him. He owns some property there and from time to time is part of its social life.

retirt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I own property here too! We must run in different circles!
but what do you think about his clothes? Would you dress like a youngster?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good God, he has no good sense of style. Must you ask?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads