• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimt
High-quality individual pieces, which is always nice. You look comfortable and natural!

On the side note, you're wearing Alden indys and the 007 shirt that Sunspel is selling.
lookaround.gif

I have a thing for iconic pieces. Thought about throwing my Baracuta Harrington on top of it and calling it a day.
laugh.gif

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
Playing dress up and getting my Nepenthes on. Didn't actually wear this out in the heat today, just trying to decide if I want to keep the pants or not.
RODeE.jpg
ydhcV.jpg

WWM EG NB

well duh! awesome pants tween. the pattern reminds me of those SI shadow project pants. nepenthes has some cool vintage CD monsieur sunglasses. you ever try them on?

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks guys, yeah I really like the pants, I just can't decide if I "$250 like them"

They're super light weight and would be awesome for summer, but they are sort of high waisted and cinch-back so I don't know if I would wear them as much to work as I would like, and that's what I got them for. Kinda thought they looked weird with a shirt tucked in but it could be just because I was wearing that heavy chambray.

Snow: I didn't try any of the glasses on but I chatted with the guy a bit and apparently a customer approached them and said his dad used to have an optical shop and they had all these deadstock designer frames. This actually came up because they were selling some vintage graphic design type books and I talked about how my dad and grandfather both owned a print shop and so I have tons of books like that dating back to the 30's full of design ideas haha

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whoa that is cool.
what kind of designs? chairs, funriture etc?

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
whoa that is cool.
what kind of designs? chairs, funriture etc?

No sorry, like ideas for advertisements / ad layouts (magazine, newspaper, poster, rubber stamps etc) and logo design. That kind of stuff. Tons of books with fonts that you could order (as type, letterpress stuff) and OG clipart from the 60's and 70's lol. I have like cases and cases full of drawers and drawers of various letterpress type and tons of custom graphics for that purpose as well. Feel like I could take it all to Brooklyn and make a killing selling it to etsy types hahaha

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Hilariously ironic hendrix is the only one defending the pants.

They look terrible, typical mc groupthink about quality while neglecting end result.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
Thanks guys, yeah I really like the pants, I just can't decide if I "$250 like them"

They're super light weight and would be awesome for summer, but they are sort of high waisted and cinch-back so I don't know if I would wear them as much to work as I would like, and that's what I got them for. Kinda thought they looked weird with a shirt tucked in but it could be just because I was wearing that heavy chambray.

Cinch-back pants are meant to be high-waisted, i.e. they cinch around your waist, not hips. They would look great with a white EG 19th c. BD, tucked in loosely, and a pair of proper shoes w/out socks (white bucks? black camp mocs?

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he should wear the pants at his hips for some repro/gothninja crossover. Drapey loopwheeled tank and some ccp combats and you've successfully achieved both silly cosplay looks at once.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Trying to see how much I could get away with for work. Sort of think I went a bit overboard here and should tone it down next time.
(also wanted to wear beige linen trousers instead of what I wore but they were wrinkled badly from a wash)

tumblr_lmkuo6V1mq1qcq3abo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lmkumbMnkF1qcq3abo1_400.jpg

tumblr_lmkuhiyGog1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lmkuc7XAWo1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lmku8jYpVM1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

alexanduh

Reaction score
nice hair aeglus.

saelan

Reaction score
aegluuuuus, def not going overboard. looks sick. I may not have a beard anymore, but I still need to wear clothes.
5817858587_3ec1c2c550_z.jpg
our legacy indigo linen levis tank hope chinos bean bucks

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
saelan I like that a lot, and I'm not usually into unbuttoned shirts.

Aeglus good stuff, but I wish those other pants weren't too wrinkled to wear. feel like it would have looked a lot better with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads